AffiliationOrthodontic Department, St Finbarr's Hospital, Douglas, Cork.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationThe unerupted maxillary canine--a post-surgical review., 55 (5):232-6 J Ir Dent Assoc
PublisherIrish Dental Association
JournalJournal of the Irish Dental Association
AbstractThe orthodontic records of 685 patients referred for surgical exposure of an unerupted impacted maxillary canine tooth were examined. The condition was more common among females than males, slightly less than 2:1. The impacted teeth had a palatal-labial ratio of 3:1. All of the teeth were exposed using the open surgical technique and in 98% of cases the tooth erupted and was orthodontically aligned. In 2% of cases ankylosis occurred and the teeth were subsequently extracted. The presence of peg-shaped lateral incisors associated with the impacted maxillary canine tooth was 3.4% of the total number of impacted teeth and congenital absence was found in 1.7% of impacted teeth.
- Studies on drug-induced lipidosis: VII. Effects of bis-beta-diethyl-aminoethylether of hexestrol, chloroquine, homochlorocyclizine, prenylamine, and diazacholesterol on the lipid composition of rat liver and kidney.
- Authors: Yamamoto A, Adachi S, Matsuzawa Y, Kitani T, Hiraoka A, Seki K
- Issue date: 1976 Aug
- [Effect of treatment with strophanthin K of chronic cardiac insufficiency in patients with mitral valve defect, living in the mountain area].
- Authors: Iusupova NIa
- Issue date: 1975 Sep-Oct
- Circular dichroism and fluorescence studies of homogeneous antibodies to type III pneumococcal polysaccharide.
- Authors: Jaton JC, Huser H, Blatt Y, Pecht I
- Issue date: 1975 Dec 2
- Digitoxin metabolism by rat liver microsomes.
- Authors: Schmoldt A, Benthe HF, Haberland G
- Issue date: 1975 Sep 1