MicroRNAs as putative mediators of treatment response in prostate cancer.
Lynch, Thomas H
Perry, Antoinette S
AffiliationProstate Molecular Oncology Research Group, Academic Unit of Clinical and Molecular Oncology, Institute of Molecular Medicine, St James' Hospital & Trinity College, University of Dublin, James's Street, Dublin 8, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationMicroRNAs as putative mediators of treatment response in prostate cancer. 2012, 9 (7):397-407 Nat Rev Urol
JournalNature reviews. Urology
AbstractMicroRNAs (miRNAs) are an abundant class of noncoding RNAs that function to regulate post-transcriptional gene expression, predominantly by translational repression. In addition to their role in prostate cancer initiation and progression, recent evidence suggests that miRNAs might also participate in treatment response across a range of therapies including radiation treatment, chemotherapy and androgen suppression. The mechanism of this regulation is thought to be multifactorial and is currently poorly understood. To date, only a small number of studies have examined the functional role of miRNAs in response to prostate cancer treatment. Elucidating the role of miRNAs in treatment response following radiotherapy, chemotherapy and androgen suppression will provide new avenues of investigation for the development of novel therapies for the treatment of prostate cancer.
- Emerging role of microRNAs in prostate cancer: implications for personalized medicine.
- Authors: Gandellini P, Folini M, Zaffaroni N
- Issue date: 2010 Mar
- Polymorphisms inside microRNAs and microRNA target sites predict clinical outcomes in prostate cancer patients receiving androgen-deprivation therapy.
- Authors: Bao BY, Pao JB, Huang CN, Pu YS, Chang TY, Lan YH, Lu TL, Lee HZ, Juang SH, Chen LM, Hsieh CJ, Huang SP
- Issue date: 2011 Feb 15
- The function of microRNAs, small but potent molecules, in human prostate cancer.
- Authors: Sevli S, Uzumcu A, Solak M, Ittmann M, Ozen M
- Issue date: 2010 Sep
- Detection of microRNAs in prostate cancer cells by microRNA array.
- Authors: Tang X, Tang X, Gal J, Kyprianou N, Zhu H, Tang G
- Issue date: 2011
- MicroRNA in prostate cancer.
- Authors: Khanmi K, Ignacimuthu S, Paulraj MG
- Issue date: 2015 Dec 7