Accuracy of identification of the cricothyroid membrane in female subjects using palpation: an observational study.
McCarthy, Kevin F
McCaul, Conan Liam
AffiliationDepartment of Anaesthesia, The Rotunda Hospital, Dublin 1, Ireland.
Body Mass Index
Reproducibility of Results
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAccuracy of identification of the cricothyroid membrane in female subjects using palpation: an observational study. 2012, 114 (5):987-92 Anesth. Analg.
JournalAnesthesia and analgesia
AbstractThe cricothyroid membrane (CTM) is the recommended site of access to the airway during cricothyroidotomy to provide emergency oxygenation. Despite the apparent simplicity of the technique, this rescue maneuver frequently fails to achieve its goals and complications are numerous. The reasons for this failure are unclear. We sought to determine the ability of physicians to correctly identify the CTM in female patients.
- The accuracy of locating the cricothyroid membrane by palpation - an intergender study.
- Authors: Campbell M, Shanahan H, Ash S, Royds J, Husarova V, McCaul C
- Issue date: 2014
- Laryngeal handshake technique in locating the cricothyroid membrane: a non-randomised comparative study.
- Authors: Drew T, McCaul CL
- Issue date: 2018 Nov
- Comparing success rates of anesthesia providers versus trauma surgeons in their use of palpation to identify the cricothyroid membrane in female subjects: a prospective observational study.
- Authors: Hiller KN, Karni RJ, Cai C, Holcomb JB, Hagberg CA
- Issue date: 2016 Jul
- Accuracy of identifying the cricothyroid membrane in children using palpation.
- Authors: Basaran B, Egilmez AI, Alatas N, Yilbas AA, Sargin M
- Issue date: 2018 Oct
- [Locating the cricothyroid membrane in learning phase: value of ultrasonography?].
- Authors: Barbe N, Martin P, Pascal J, Heras C, Rouffiange P, Molliex S
- Issue date: 2014 Mar