An assessment of the feasibility and effectiveness of an e-learning module in delivering a curriculum in radiation protection to undergraduate medical students.
AffiliationDepartment of Radiology, Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Cork, Ireland. email@example.com
Education, Medical, Undergraduate
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAn assessment of the feasibility and effectiveness of an e-learning module in delivering a curriculum in radiation protection to undergraduate medical students. 2012, 9 (3):203-9 J Am Coll Radiol
JournalJournal of the American College of Radiology : JACR
AbstractIntegrating radiation protection (RP) education in the undergraduate medical curriculum is gaining importance and is mandatory in certain jurisdictions. An e-learning module for RP was developed at the authors' medical school and was integrated into year 4 of the 5-year undergraduate medical program. The aim of this study was to investigate its impact on RP knowledge, student preferences for various teaching methods, self-assessment of RP knowledge, and perceptions of career prospects in radiology. Likert-type 5-point scale evaluations and general comments about the RP module and various methods of teaching were also obtained.
- Implementation of Integrated Learning Program in neurosciences during first year of traditional medical course: perception of students and faculty.
- Authors: Ghosh S, Pandya HV
- Issue date: 2008 Sep 24
- The use of self-learning modules to facilitate learning of basic science concepts in an integrated medical curriculum.
- Authors: Khalil MK, Nelson LD, Kibble JD
- Issue date: 2010 Sep-Oct
- The utility of endovascular simulation to improve technical performance and stimulate continued interest of preclinical medical students in vascular surgery.
- Authors: Lee JT, Qiu M, Teshome M, Raghavan SS, Tedesco MM, Dalman RL
- Issue date: 2009 Nov-Dec
- Novel educational approach for medical students: improved retention rates using interactive medical software compared with traditional lecture-based format.
- Authors: Subramanian A, Timberlake M, Mittakanti H, Lara M, Brandt ML
- Issue date: 2012 Mar-Apr
- Self-directed learning can outperform direct instruction in the course of a modern German medical curriculum - results of a mixed methods trial.
- Authors: Peine A, Kabino K, Spreckelsen C
- Issue date: 2016 Jun 3