Successful use of combined high cut-off haemodialysis and bortezomib for acute kidney injury associated with myeloma cast nephropathy.
AffiliationDepartment of Nephrology, St Vincent's University Hospital, Dublin 4. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
CitationSuccessful use of combined high cut-off haemodialysis and bortezomib for acute kidney injury associated with myeloma cast nephropathy. 2012, 105 (5):148-9 Ir Med J
PublisherIirish Medical Journal (IMJ)
JournalIrish medical journal
AbstractWe present the case of a 58-year old female with de novo dialysis-dependent acute kidney injury (AKI) secondary to myeloma cast nephropathy. The patient underwent extended high cut-off haemodialysis (HCO-HD), in conjunction with bortezomib-based chemotherapy, and soon became dialysis independent with normal renal function. To our knowledge, this is the first time this treatment strategy has been employed successfully in an Irish centre.
- High cut-off hemodialysis and bortezomib-based therapy to rescue kidneys in myeloma-dependent cast nephropathy.
- Authors: Sinisalo M, Silvennoinen R, Wirta O
- Issue date: 2012 Jun
- Immunoglobulin free light chain levels and recovery from myeloma kidney on treatment with chemotherapy and high cut-off haemodialysis.
- Authors: Hutchison CA, Heyne N, Airia P, Schindler R, Zickler D, Cook M, Cockwell P, Grima D
- Issue date: 2012 Oct
- [Improved prognosis in light chain nephropathy due to multiple myeloma].
- Authors: Juul JS, Larsen T, Marcussen N, Pedersen EB
- Issue date: 2012 Apr 23
- Treatment by long haemodialysis sessions with high cut-off filters in myeloma cast nephropathy: our experience.
- Authors: Borrego-Hinojosa J, Pérez-del Barrio MP, Biechy-Baldan Mdel M, Merino-García E, Sánchez-Perales MC, García-Cortés MJ, Ocaña-Pérez E, Gutiérrez-Rivas P, Liébana-Cañada A
- Issue date: 2013
- Haemodialysis using high cut-off dialysers for treating acute renal failure in multiple myeloma.
- Authors: Martín-Reyes G, Toledo-Rojas R, Torres-de Rueda Á, Sola-Moyano E, Blanca-Martos L, Fuentes-Sánchez L, Martínez-Esteban MD, Díez-de los Ríos MJ, Bailén-García A, González-Molina M, García-González I
- Issue date: 2012