Clostridium perfringens infection complicating periprosthetic fracture fixation about the hip: successful treatment with early aggressive debridement.
AffiliationDepartment of Orthopaedic Surgery, Cork University Hospital, Cork, Ireland. email@example.com
Aged, 80 and over
MetadataShow full item record
CitationClostridium perfringens infection complicating periprosthetic fracture fixation about the hip: successful treatment with early aggressive debridement., 22 (1):122-5 Hip Int
JournalHip international : the journal of clinical and experimental research on hip pathology and therapy
AbstractPeriprosthetic fracture and infection are both challenges following hip arthroplasty. We report the case of an 87 year old female who underwent open reduction and internal fixation of a periprosthetic femoral fracture. Her post-operative course was complicated by infection with Clostridium perfringens. Early aggressive antibiotic treatment and surgical debridement were successful, and allowed retention of the original components.
- Early infection of hip joint prosthesis by Clostridium difficile in an HIV-1 infected patient.
- Authors: Brassinne L, Rodriguez-Villalobos H, Jonckheere S, Dubuc JE, Yombi JC
- Issue date: 2014 Jun
- Use of an "antibiotic plate" for infected periprosthetic fracture in total hip arthroplasty.
- Authors: Liporace FA, Yoon RS, Frank MA, Gaines RJ, Maurer JP, Polishchuk DL, Choung EW
- Issue date: 2012 Mar
- Periprosthetic fractures around hip hemiarthroplasty performed for hip fracture.
- Authors: Phillips JR, Moran CG, Manktelow AR
- Issue date: 2013 Jun
- [Limited open reduction and double plates internal fixation for treatment of Vancouver type B1 periprosthetic femoral fracture after hip arthroplasty].
- Authors: Zhang Y, Fan X, Liu Y, Shao J, Tang J, Liu S, Yang T, Zhang C
- Issue date: 2013 Dec
- Infection in periprosthetic hip fractures.
- Authors: Cabral R
- Issue date: 2012 Jul-Aug