Complexities of revision mastoid surgery in a migratory population cohort.
AffiliationDepartment of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Eccles St., Dublin 7. firstname.lastname@example.org
Emigration and Immigration
MetadataShow full item record
CitationComplexities of revision mastoid surgery in a migratory population cohort. 2012, 105 (3):78-80 Ir Med J
PublisherIrish Medical Journal (IMJ)
JournalIrish medical journal
AbstractWe present a review of patients from Eastern Europe who have recently immigrated to Ireland with complicated otological disease. We carried out a retrospective chart review of these patients. These are a complicated cohort of 7 patients, 5 (71.4%) of whom had previous ear surgery, none had old notes and there was often a need for interpreters (3 or 42.8%) and challenging surgery. Follow up was also problematic with many of the patients. In summary this is a case series to highlight a relatively new group of patients to emphasize the need for pre-operative CT scans, facial nerve monitoring and the difficult nature of revision surgery with no old notes.
- Modified radical mastoid surgery for chronic ear disease.
- Authors: Fagan PA
- Issue date: 1991 Sep
- High-resolution computed tomography of the middle ear and mastoid. Part III: Surgically altered anatomy and pathology.
- Authors: Swartz JD, Goodman RS, Russell KB, Ladenheim SE, Wolfson RJ
- Issue date: 1983 Aug
- Results of revision mastoidectomy.
- Authors: Berçin S, Kutluhan A, Bozdemir K, Yalçiner G, Sari N, Karamese O
- Issue date: 2009 Feb
- Preoperative evaluation of the congenital aural atresia on computed tomography; an analysis of the severity of the deformity of the middle ear and mastoid.
- Authors: Tasar M, Yetiser S, Yildirim D, Bozlar U, Tasar MA, Saglam M, Ugurel MS, Battal B, Ucoz T
- Issue date: 2007 Apr
- Hearing aid tolerance after revision and obliteration of canal wall down mastoidectomy cavities.
- Authors: Gluth MB, Friedman AB, Atcherson SR, Dornhoffer JL
- Issue date: 2013 Jun