AffiliationSt. James's Hospital, James's St., Dublin 8.
Antibodies, Monoclonal, Humanized
Antineoplastic Combined Chemotherapy Protocols
Carcinoma, Signet Ring Cell
MetadataShow full item record
CitationMetastatic paediatric colorectal carcinoma. 2012, 105 (3):88-9 Ir Med J
PublisherIrish Medical Journal (IMJ)
JournalIrish medical journal
AbstractA 16-year-old girl presented to our unit with crampy abdominal pain, change in bowel habit, a subjective impression of weight loss and a single episode of haematochezia. She was found to have a rectosigmoid adenocarcinoma and proceeded to laparoscopic anterior resection, whereupon peritoneal metastases were discovered. She received chemotherapy and is alive and well ten month later with no radiological evidence of disease. Colorectal carcinoma is rare in the paediatric population but is increasing in incidence. Early diagnosis is critical to enable optimal outcomes.
- Critical analysis of 33 patients with peritoneal carcinomatosis secondary to colorectal and appendiceal signet ring cell carcinoma.
- Authors: Chua TC, Pelz JO, Kerscher A, Morris DL, Esquivel J
- Issue date: 2009 Oct
- Surgical removal of metastases after successful treatment containing bevacizumab in metastatic colorectal cancer.
- Authors: Afonso S, Viani G, Afonso V, Stefano E, Afonso S
- Issue date: 2011 Jun
- Optimizing oxaliplatin-based therapy in metastatic colorectal cancer.
- Authors: Cassidy J
- Issue date: 2008 May
- Undiagnosed Case of Signet Ring Cell Colorectal Carcinoma: A Case Report and Review of the Literature.
- Authors: Henry M, Delavari N, Webber J
- Issue date: 2020 Sep
- Signet-ring-cell carcinoma of stomach metastatic to the bladder: a case report with cytological and histological correlation and literature review.
- Authors: Vigliar E, Marino G, Matano E, Imbimbo C, Rossella de C, Insabato L
- Issue date: 2013 Feb