Ureteric angioplasty balloon placement to increase localised dosage of BCG for renal pelvis TCC.
AffiliationDepartment of Urology, St. James's Hospital, James's St., Dublin 8. firstname.lastname@example.org
Carcinoma, Transitional Cell
MetadataShow full item record
CitationUreteric angioplasty balloon placement to increase localised dosage of BCG for renal pelvis TCC. 2012, 105 (3):87-8 Ir Med J
PublisherIrish Medical Journal (IMJ)
JournalIrish medical journal
AbstractEndoscopic percutaneous resection of a renal pelvis transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) is a viable treatment option in those who would be rendered dialysis dependent following a nephroureterectomy. We report endoscopic percutaneous resection of an upper tract TCC recurrence in a single functioning kidney followed by antegrade renal pelvis BCG instillation with novel placement of inflated angioplasty balloon in the ureter to help localise its effect.
- A 20-year experience with percutaneous resection of upper tract transitional carcinoma: is there an oncologic benefit with adjuvant bacillus Calmette Guérin therapy?
- Authors: Rastinehad AR, Ost MC, Vanderbrink BA, Greenberg KL, El-Hakim A, Marcovich R, Badlani GH, Smith AD
- Issue date: 2009 Jan
- [Percutaneous resection and complementary therapy in the treatment of renal pelvis tumors].
- Authors: Orihuela E, Smith AD
- Issue date: 1988 Jun
- Effect of intravesical treatment of transitional cell carcinoma with bacillus Calmette-Guerin and mitomycin C on urinary survivin levels and outcome.
- Authors: Hausladen DA, Wheeler MA, Altieri DC, Colberg JW, Weiss RM
- Issue date: 2003 Jul
- New techniques for the administration of topical adjuvant therapy after endoscopic ablation of upper urinary tract transitional cell carcinoma.
- Authors: Patel A, Fuchs GJ
- Issue date: 1998 Jan
- Management of patients with upper urinary tract transitional cell carcinoma.
- Authors: Raman JD, Scherr DS
- Issue date: 2007 Aug