The role of renin angiotensin system intervention in stage B heart failure.
AffiliationHeart Failure Unit, St Vincent's University Hospital, Elm Park, Dublin 4, Ireland.
Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitors
Ventricular Dysfunction, Left
MetadataShow full item record
CitationThe role of renin angiotensin system intervention in stage B heart failure. 2012, 8 (2):225-36 Heart Fail Clin
JournalHeart failure clinics
AbstractThis article outlines the link between the renin angiotensin aldosterone system (RAAS) and various forms of cardiomyopathy, and also reviews the understanding of the effectiveness of RAAS intervention in this phase of ventricular dysfunction. The authors focus their discussion predominantly on patients who have had previous myocardial infarction or those who have left ventricular hypertrophy and also briefly discuss the role of RAAS activation and intervention in patients with alcoholic cardiomyopathy.
- Role of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system and inflammatory processes in the development and progression of diastolic dysfunction.
- Authors: Sciarretta S, Paneni F, Palano F, Chin D, Tocci G, Rubattu S, Volpe M
- Issue date: 2009 Mar
- Combined blockade of the renin-angiotensin system with angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and angiotensin II type 1 receptor antagonists.
- Authors: Azizi M, Ménard J
- Issue date: 2004 Jun 1
- Which inhibitor of the renin-angiotensin system should be used in chronic heart failure and acute myocardial infarction?
- Authors: McMurray JJ, Pfeffer MA, Swedberg K, Dzau VJ
- Issue date: 2004 Nov 16
- Blockade of the renin-angiotensin system. Effect on mortality in patients with left ventricular systolic dysfunction.
- Authors: Pitt B
- Issue date: 1994 Feb
- [Growth stimulating properties of angiotensin II on the heart: consequences for therapy of heart failure].
- Authors: Schunkert H, Holmer SR, Riegger G
- Issue date: 1993