Validation of an abbreviated Vitalpac™ Early Warning Score (ViEWS) in 75,419 consecutive admissions to a Canadian regional hospital.
AffiliationDepartment of Medicine, Nenagh Hospital, Nenagh, County Tipperary, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
MeSHArea Under Curve
Health Status Indicators
Predictive Value of Tests
Severity of Illness Index
MetadataShow full item record
CitationValidation of an abbreviated Vitalpac™ Early Warning Score (ViEWS) in 75,419 consecutive admissions to a Canadian regional hospital. 2012, 83 (3):297-302 Resuscitation
AbstractThe early warning score derived from 198,755 vital sign sets in the Vitalpac™ database (ViEWS) has an area under the receiver operator characteristic curve (AUROC) for death of acute unselected medical patients within 24h of 88%.
- Changes and their prognostic implications in the abbreviated Vitalpac™ early warning score (ViEWS) after admission to hospital of 18,853 acutely ill medical patients.
- Authors: Kellett J, Woodworth S, Wang F, Huang W
- Issue date: 2013 Jan
- Changes and their prognostic implications in the abbreviated VitalPAC™ Early Warning Score (ViEWS) after admission to hospital of 18,827 surgical patients.
- Authors: Kellett J, Wang F, Woodworth S, Huang W
- Issue date: 2013 Apr
- Validation of the VitalPAC™ Early Warning Score (ViEWS) in acutely ill medical patients attending a resource-poor hospital in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Authors: Opio MO, Nansubuga G, Kellett J
- Issue date: 2013 Jun
- Derivation and validation of a score based on Hypotension, Oxygen saturation, low Temperature, ECG changes and Loss of independence (HOTEL) that predicts early mortality between 15 min and 24 h after admission to an acute medical unit.
- Authors: Kellett J, Deane B, Gleeson M
- Issue date: 2008 Jul
- Trajectories of the averaged abbreviated Vitalpac early warning score (AbEWS) and clinical course of 44,531 consecutive admissions hospitalized for acute medical illness.
- Authors: Murray A, Kellett J, Huang W, Woodworth S, Wang F
- Issue date: 2014 Apr