Successful catheter directed thrombolysis of IVC and renal vein occlusive thrombus.
AffiliationDepartment of Radiology, St James's Hospital, Dublin 8. email@example.com
MeSHAcute Kidney Injury
Tissue Plasminogen Activator
Vena Cava Filters
Vena Cava, Inferior
MetadataShow full item record
CitationSuccessful catheter directed thrombolysis of IVC and renal vein occlusive thrombus., 104 (10):311-2 Ir Med J
PublisherIrish Medical Journal (IMJ)
JournalIrish medical journal
AbstractThrombus formation is a recognised complication of IVC filter placement, however IVC and bilateral renal vein occlusion secondary to thrombus is much less common. We present a case of infrahepatic caval and bilateral renal vein occlusion secondary to thrombosis of a suprarenal IVC filter. With progressive clinical deterioration and failure of conservative medical management the patient underwent successful mechanical disruption and catheter directed thrombolysis.
- Double Barrel In Situ Recanalization of Thrombosed Nonretrievable IVC filter.
- Authors: Banerjee S, Patel HM, Sheorain VK, Grover T, Parakh R
- Issue date: 2016 May
- Combined pharmacomechanical thrombectomy for acute inferior vena cava filter thrombosis.
- Authors: Yan BP, Kiernan TJ, Gupta V, Ajani AE, Schainfeld RM
- Issue date: 2008 Jan-Mar
- Pharmacomechanical thrombolysis in the management of acute inferior vena cava filter occlusion using the Trellis-8 device.
- Authors: Branco BC, Montero-Baker MF, Espinoza E, Gamero M, Zea R, Labropoulos N, Leon LR Jr
- Issue date: 2015 Feb
- Catheter-directed thrombolysis combined with manual aspiration thrombectomy for acute inferior vena cava filter thrombosis.
- Authors: Li WD, Li CL, Qian AM, Zhang YQ, Li XQ
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Acute iliofemoral venous thrombosis in patients with atresia of the inferior vena cava can be treated successfully with catheter-directed thrombolysis.
- Authors: Broholm R, Jørgensen M, Just S, Jensen LP, Bækgaard N
- Issue date: 2011 Jun