Factors associated with duration of breastfeeding in ireland: potential areas for improvement.
AffiliationDepartment of Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics, Our Lady's Children's Hospital, Crumlin, Dublin, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationFactors associated with duration of breastfeeding in ireland: potential areas for improvement. 2011, 27 (3):262-71 J Hum Lact
JournalJournal of human lactation : official journal of International Lactation Consultant Association
AbstractThere is a need to comprehensively examine why mothers in Ireland discontinue breastfeeding early and to explore the factors influencing duration of breastfeeding during the first 6 months postpartum. Findings from this study provide valuable direction for future strategies and interventions aimed at increasing breastfeeding duration rates in Ireland.
- Clinician support and psychosocial risk factors associated with breastfeeding discontinuation.
- Authors: Taveras EM, Capra AM, Braveman PA, Jensvold NG, Escobar GJ, Lieu TA
- Issue date: 2003 Jul
- The prevalence and determinants of breast-feeding initiation and duration in a sample of women in Ireland.
- Authors: Tarrant RC, Younger KM, Sheridan-Pereira M, White MJ, Kearney JM
- Issue date: 2010 Jun
- Factors influencing the breastfeeding decisions of long-term breastfeeders.
- Authors: Rempel LA
- Issue date: 2004 Aug
- Understanding breastfeeding behavior: rates and shifts in patterns in Québec.
- Authors: Haiek LN, Gauthier DL, Brosseau D, Rocheleau L
- Issue date: 2007 Feb
- Breastfeeding duration and postpartum psychological adjustment: role of maternal attachment styles.
- Authors: Akman I, Kuscu MK, Yurdakul Z, Ozdemir N, Solakoğlu M, Orhon L, Karabekiroğlu A, Ozek E
- Issue date: 2008 Jun