Radiation exposure from diagnostic imaging among patients with gastrointestinal disorders.
AffiliationDepartment of Gastroenterology, Cork University Hospital, Cork, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Aged, 80 and over
MetadataShow full item record
CitationRadiation exposure from diagnostic imaging among patients with gastrointestinal disorders. 2012, 10 (3):259-65 Clin. Gastroenterol. Hepatol.
JournalClinical gastroenterology and hepatology : the official clinical practice journal of the American Gastroenterological Association
AbstractThere are concerns about levels of radiation exposure among patients who undergo diagnostic imaging for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), compared with other gastrointestinal (GI) disorders. We quantified imaging studies and estimated the cumulative effective dose (CED) of radiation received by patients with organic and functional GI disorders. We also identified factors and diagnoses associated with high CEDs.
- Quantifying exposure to diagnostic medical radiation in patients with inflammatory bowel disease: are we contributing to malignancy?
- Authors: Newnham E, Hawkes E, Surender A, James SL, Gearry R, Gibson PR
- Issue date: 2007 Oct 1
- C-reactive protein: a predictive factor and marker of inflammation in inflammatory bowel disease. Results from a prospective population-based study.
- Authors: Henriksen M, Jahnsen J, Lygren I, Stray N, Sauar J, Vatn MH, Moum B, IBSEN Study Group.
- Issue date: 2008 Nov
- Association of organic cation transporter risk haplotype with perianal penetrating Crohn's disease but not with susceptibility to IBD.
- Authors: Vermeire S, Pierik M, Hlavaty T, Claessens G, van Schuerbeeck N, Joossens S, Ferrante M, Henckaerts L, Bueno de Mesquita M, Vlietinck R, Rutgeerts P
- Issue date: 2005 Dec
- Diagnostic ionizing radiation exposure in a population-based cohort of patients with inflammatory bowel disease.
- Authors: Peloquin JM, Pardi DS, Sandborn WJ, Fletcher JG, McCollough CH, Schueler BA, Kofler JA, Enders FT, Achenbach SJ, Loftus EV Jr
- Issue date: 2008 Aug
- Differentiating ulcerative colitis from Crohn disease in children and young adults: report of a working group of the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition and the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America.
- Authors: North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition., Colitis Foundation of America., Bousvaros A, Antonioli DA, Colletti RB, Dubinsky MC, Glickman JN, Gold BD, Griffiths AM, Jevon GP, Higuchi LM, Hyams JS, Kirschner BS, Kugathasan S, Baldassano RN, Russo PA
- Issue date: 2007 May