The importance of expert feedback during endovascular simulator training.
O'Keeffe, Dara A
Naughton, Peter A
Hill, Arnold D K
McDonnell, Ciaran O
AffiliationNational Surgical Training Centre, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Ireland. email@example.com
Education, Medical, Graduate
Renal Artery Obstruction
Task Performance and Analysis
MetadataShow full item record
CitationThe importance of expert feedback during endovascular simulator training. 2011, 54 (1):240-248.e1 J. Vasc. Surg.
JournalJournal of vascular surgery : official publication, the Society for Vascular Surgery [and] International Society for Cardiovascular Surgery, North American Chapter
AbstractComplex endovascular skills are difficult to obtain in the clinical environment. Virtual reality (VR) simulator training is a valuable addition to current training curricula, but is there a benefit in the absence of expert trainers?
- Simulation-based endovascular skills assessment: the future of credentialing?
- Authors: Tedesco MM, Pak JJ, Harris EJ Jr, Krummel TM, Dalman RL, Lee JT
- Issue date: 2008 May
- Efficient implementation of patient-specific simulated rehearsal for the carotid artery stenting procedure: part-task rehearsal.
- Authors: Willaert W, Aggarwal R, Harvey K, Cochennec F, Nestel D, Darzi A, Vermassen F, Cheshire N, European Virtual Reality Endovascular Research Team (EVEResT).
- Issue date: 2011 Aug
- Visuospatial and psychomotor aptitude predicts endovascular performance of inexperienced individuals on a virtual reality simulator.
- Authors: Van Herzeele I, O'Donoghue KG, Aggarwal R, Vermassen F, Darzi A, Cheshire NJ
- Issue date: 2010 Apr
- Identification of skills common to renal and iliac endovascular procedures performed on a virtual reality simulator.
- Authors: Neequaye SK, Aggarwal R, Brightwell R, Van Herzeele I, Darzi A, Cheshire NJ
- Issue date: 2007 May
- Skills training after night shift work enables acquisition of endovascular technical skills on a virtual reality simulator.
- Authors: Naughton PA, Aggarwal R, Wang TT, Van Herzeele I, Keeling AN, Darzi AW, Cheshire NJ
- Issue date: 2011 Mar