Quality of colonoscopy performance among gastroenterology and surgical trainees: a need for common training standards for all trainees?
AuthorsLeyden, J E
Doherty, G A
McNamara, D A
Murray, F E
Patchett, S E
Harewood, G C
AffiliationGI Unit, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
CitationQuality of colonoscopy performance among gastroenterology and surgical trainees: a need for common training standards for all trainees? 2011, 43 (11):935-40 Endoscopy
AbstractCecal intubation and polyp detection rates are objective measures of colonoscopy performance. Minimum cecal intubation rates greater than 90% have been endorsed by the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) and the Joint Advisory Group (JAG) UK. Performance data for medical and surgical trainee endoscopists are limited, and we used endoscopy quality parameters to compare these two groups.
- An adequate level of training for technical competence in screening and diagnostic colonoscopy: a prospective multicenter evaluation of the learning curve.
- Authors: Lee SH, Chung IK, Kim SJ, Kim JO, Ko BM, Hwangbo Y, Kim WH, Park DH, Lee SK, Park CH, Baek IH, Park DI, Park SJ, Ji JS, Jang BI, Jeen YT, Shin JE, Byeon JS, Eun CS, Han DS
- Issue date: 2008 Apr
- Trainees' adenoma detection rate is higher if ≥ 10 minutes is spent on withdrawal during colonoscopy.
- Authors: Gromski MA, Miller CA, Lee SH, Park ES, Lee TH, Park SH, Chung IK, Kim SJ, Hwangbo Y
- Issue date: 2012 May
- Trainee colonoscopists fulfil quality standards for the detection of adenomatous polyps.
- Authors: Klare P, Ascher S, Wagenpfeil S, Rapp D, Bajbouj M, Neu B, Schmid RM, von Delius S
- Issue date: 2015 Feb 27
- Knowledge of quality performance measures associated with endoscopy among gastroenterology trainees and the impact of a web-based intervention.
- Authors: Thompson JS, Lebwohl B, Syngal S, Kastrinos F
- Issue date: 2012 Jul
- Sleep deprivation leads to reduction in polyp detection among endoscopy trainees.
- Authors: Kelly OB, Harewood GC
- Issue date: 2012 Dec