Role of the insulin-like growth factor 1 axis and visceral adiposity in oesophageal adenocarcinoma.
AuthorsDonohoe, C L
Doyle, S L
Cathcart, M C
Pidgeon, G P
Reynolds, J V
AffiliationDepartment of Surgery, Trinity Centre for Health Sciences, Trinity College Dublin/St James's Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
Body Mass Index
Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay
Insulin-Like Growth Factor I
Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction
Receptor, IGF Type 1
MetadataShow full item record
CitationRole of the insulin-like growth factor 1 axis and visceral adiposity in oesophageal adenocarcinoma. 2012, 99 (3):387-96 Br J Surg
JournalThe British journal of surgery
AbstractEpidemiological studies have linked obesity with many cancers. The insulin-like growth factor (IGF) 1 axis may be an important mediator in obesity-associated cancer. This study examined the relationship between IGF-1 and its receptor (IGF-1R) in oesophageal adenocarcinoma, a cancer strongly linked to obesity.
- IGF-1 and its receptor in esophageal cancer: association with adenocarcinoma and visceral obesity.
- Authors: Doyle SL, Donohoe CL, Finn SP, Howard JM, Lithander FE, Reynolds JV, Pidgeon GP, Lysaght J
- Issue date: 2012 Feb
- Associations between leptin and adiponectin receptor upregulation, visceral obesity and tumour stage in oesophageal and junctional adenocarcinoma.
- Authors: Howard JM, Beddy P, Ennis D, Keogan M, Pidgeon GP, Reynolds JV
- Issue date: 2010 Jul
- The relationship between the insulin-like growth factor-1 system and the oestrogen metabolising enzymes in breast cancer tissue and its adjacent non-cancerous tissue.
- Authors: Chong YM, Colston K, Jiang WG, Sharma AK, Mokbel K
- Issue date: 2006 Oct
- Insulin-like growth factor type I receptor gene expression and obesity in esophageal adenocarcinoma.
- Authors: Zhao R, Macdonald K, Casson AG
- Issue date: 2009 Nov
- Clinicopathological significance of the gene expression of matrix metalloproteinase-7, insulin-like growth factor-1, insulin-like growth factor-2 and insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor in patients with colorectal cancer: insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor gene expression is a useful predictor of liver metastasis from colorectal cancer.
- Authors: Oshima T, Akaike M, Yoshihara K, Shiozawa M, Yamamoto N, Sato T, Yamada R, Fujii S, Rino Y, Kunisaki C, Tanaka K, Masuda M, Imada T
- Issue date: 2008 Aug