Vitamin D deficiency in Crohn's disease: prevalence, risk factors and supplement use in an outpatient setting.
AffiliationDepartment of Clinical Medicine, Trinity College Dublin, Adelaide & Meath Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
Vitamin D Deficiency
MetadataShow full item record
CitationVitamin D deficiency in Crohn's disease: prevalence, risk factors and supplement use in an outpatient setting. 2012, 6 (2):182-8 J Crohns Colitis
JournalJournal of Crohn's & colitis
AbstractVitamin D deficiency impacts on bone health and has potential new roles in inflammation. We aimed to determine the prevalence of and risk factors for vitamin D deficiency and to explore vitamin D supplement usage in patients with Crohn's disease (CD) in an outpatient setting, compared with controls.
- Does seasonal level of serum 25-OH vitamin D correlate with the activity of Crohn's disease?
- Authors: Kini GP, Young B, Herbison P, Schultz M
- Issue date: 2014 May 23
- Determinants of vitamin D status in adult Crohn's disease patients, with particular emphasis on supplemental vitamin D use.
- Authors: Gilman J, Shanahan F, Cashman KD
- Issue date: 2006 Jul
- Vitamin D deficiency in Crohn's disease and healthy controls: a prospective case-control study in the Netherlands.
- Authors: de Bruyn JR, van Heeckeren R, Ponsioen CY, van den Brink GR, Löwenberg M, Bredenoord AJ, Frijstein G, D'Haens GR
- Issue date: 2014 Oct
- [Vitamin D deficiency and risk factors in children with Crohn's disease].
- Authors: Luo Y, Chen J
- Issue date: 2015 Jul
- Optimal vitamin D levels in Crohn's disease: a review.
- Authors: Raftery T, O'Sullivan M
- Issue date: 2015 Feb