A meta-analysis of surgical morbidity and recurrence after laparoscopic and open repair of primary unilateral inguinal hernia.
AffiliationSurgical Professorial Unit, St Vincent's University Hospital, Elm Park, Dublin, Ireland.
Randomized Controlled Trials as Topic
MetadataShow full item record
CitationA meta-analysis of surgical morbidity and recurrence after laparoscopic and open repair of primary unilateral inguinal hernia. 2012, 255 (5):846-53 Ann. Surg.
JournalAnnals of surgery
AbstractLaparoscopic inguinal hernia repair (LIHR), using a transabdominal preperitoneal (TAPP) or totally extraperitoneal (TEP) technique, is an alternative to conventional open inguinal hernia repair (OIHR). A consensus on outcomes of LIHR when compared with OIHR for primary, unilateral, inguinal hernia has not been reached.
- Meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials comparing open and laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair.
- Authors: Memon MA, Cooper NJ, Memon B, Memon MI, Abrams KR
- Issue date: 2003 Dec
- A prospective, randomized comparison of long-term outcomes: chronic groin pain and quality of life following totally extraperitoneal (TEP) and transabdominal preperitoneal (TAPP) laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair.
- Authors: Bansal VK, Misra MC, Babu D, Victor J, Kumar S, Sagar R, Rajeshwari S, Krishna A, Rewari V
- Issue date: 2013 Jul
- Comparison of the open tension-free mesh-plug, transabdominal preperitoneal (TAPP), and totally extraperitoneal (TEP) laparoscopic techniques for primary unilateral inguinal hernia repair: a prospective randomized controlled trial.
- Authors: Gong K, Zhang N, Lu Y, Zhu B, Zhang Z, Du D, Zhao X, Jiang H
- Issue date: 2011 Jan
- Safety of laparoscopic and open approaches for repair of the unilateral primary inguinal hernia: an analysis of short-term outcomes.
- Authors: Saleh F, Okrainec A, D'Souza N, Kwong J, Jackson TD
- Issue date: 2014 Aug
- Transabdominal pre-peritoneal (TAPP) vs totally extraperitoneal (TEP) laparoscopic techniques for inguinal hernia repair.
- Authors: Wake BL, McCormack K, Fraser C, Vale L, Perez J, Grant AM
- Issue date: 2005 Jan 25