Improved late survival and disability after stroke with therapeutic anticoagulation for atrial fibrillation: a population study.
Ní Chróinín, Danielle
McCormack, Patricia M E
Kelly, Peter J
AffiliationNeurovascular Clinical Science Unit, Catherine McAuley Research Centre, Nelson Street, Mater University Hospital, Dublin 7, Ireland.
Aged, 80 and over
International Normalized Ratio
MetadataShow full item record
CitationImproved late survival and disability after stroke with therapeutic anticoagulation for atrial fibrillation: a population study. 2011, 42 (9):2503-8 Stroke
JournalStroke; a journal of cerebral circulation
AbstractAlthough therapeutic anticoagulation improves early (within 1 month) outcomes after ischemic stroke in hospital-admitted patients with atrial fibrillation, no information exists on late outcomes in unselected population-based studies, including patients with all stroke (ischemic and hemorrhagic).
- Relation of effective anticoagulation in patients with atrial fibrillation to stroke severity and survival (from the National Acute Stroke Israeli Survey [NASIS]).
- Authors: Schwammenthal Y, Bornstein N, Schwammenthal E, Schwartz R, Goldbourt U, Tsabari R, Koton S, Grossman E, Tanne D
- Issue date: 2010 Feb 1
- Effect of intensity of oral anticoagulation on stroke severity and mortality in atrial fibrillation.
- Authors: Hylek EM, Go AS, Chang Y, Jensvold NG, Henault LE, Selby JV, Singer DE
- Issue date: 2003 Sep 11
- Frequency and effect of optimal anticoagulation before onset of ischaemic stroke in patients with known atrial fibrillation.
- Authors: Indredavik B, Rohweder G, Lydersen S
- Issue date: 2005 Aug
- Association of Preceding Antithrombotic Treatment With Acute Ischemic Stroke Severity and In-Hospital Outcomes Among Patients With Atrial Fibrillation.
- Authors: Xian Y, O'Brien EC, Liang L, Xu H, Schwamm LH, Fonarow GC, Bhatt DL, Smith EE, Olson DM, Maisch L, Hannah D, Lindholm B, Lytle BL, Pencina MJ, Hernandez AF, Peterson ED
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 14
- Potentially preventable strokes in high-risk patients with atrial fibrillation who are not adequately anticoagulated.
- Authors: Gladstone DJ, Bui E, Fang J, Laupacis A, Lindsay MP, Tu JV, Silver FL, Kapral MK
- Issue date: 2009 Jan