Electrical field stimulation promotes anastomotic healing in poorly perfused rat colon.
AffiliationInstitute for Clinical Outcomes, Research and Education, St Vincent's University Hospital, Dublin 00004, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Electric Stimulation Therapy
Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor A
MetadataShow full item record
CitationElectrical field stimulation promotes anastomotic healing in poorly perfused rat colon. 2011, 26 (3):339-44 Int J Colorectal Dis
JournalInternational journal of colorectal disease
AbstractHypoperfusion of the bowel is a risk factor for anastomotic failure. Electrical field stimulation has been shown to improve repair in ischemic tissue, but its influence in hypoperfused colon has not been investigated. The hypothesis of this experimental animal study was that electrical field stimulation improves anastomotic healing in ischemic bowel.
- Adrenomedulline improves ischemic left colonic anastomotic healing in an experimental rodent model.
- Authors: Karatepe O, Kurtulus I, Yalcin O, Battal M, Kamali G, Aydin T
- Issue date: 2011
- Locally applied molgramostim improves wound healing at colonic anastomoses in rats after ligation of the common bile duct.
- Authors: Gulcelik MA, Dinc S, Bir F, Elitok O, Alagol H, Oz M
- Issue date: 2005 Jun
- Early anastomotic repair in the rat intestine is affected by transient preoperative mesenteric ischemia.
- Authors: Posma LA, Bleichrodt RP, Lomme RM, de Man BM, van Goor H, Hendriks T
- Issue date: 2009 Jun
- The effects of systemic hypoxia on colon anastomotic healing: an animal model.
- Authors: Attard JA, Raval MJ, Martin GR, Kolb J, Afrouzian M, Buie WD, Sigalet DL
- Issue date: 2005 Jul
- Mast cell degranulation is essential for anastomotic healing in well perfused and poorly perfused rat colon.
- Authors: Coneely J, Kennelly R, Bouchier-Hayes D, Winter DC
- Issue date: 2010 Nov