Background parenchymal enhancement on baseline screening breast MRI: impact on biopsy rate and short-interval follow-up.
AffiliationDepartment of Radiology, Breast Imaging Section, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA. email@example.com
Image Interpretation, Computer-Assisted
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Predictive Value of Tests
MetadataShow full item record
CitationBackground parenchymal enhancement on baseline screening breast MRI: impact on biopsy rate and short-interval follow-up. 2011, 196 (1):218-24 AJR Am J Roentgenol
JournalAJR. American journal of roentgenology
AbstractBackground parenchymal enhancement on breast MRI refers to normal enhancement of the patient's fibroglandular tissue. The aim of this study was to determine the effect of background parenchymal enhancement on short-interval follow-up, biopsy, and cancer detection rate on baseline screening MRI in a high-risk group.
- BI-RADS lesion characteristics predict likelihood of malignancy in breast MRI for masses but not for nonmasslike enhancement.
- Authors: Gutierrez RL, DeMartini WB, Eby PR, Kurland BF, Peacock S, Lehman CD
- Issue date: 2009 Oct
- Screening breast MR imaging: comparison of interpretation of baseline and annual follow-up studies.
- Authors: Abramovici G, Mainiero MB
- Issue date: 2011 Apr
- Frequency of Malignancy and Imaging Characteristics of Probably Benign Lesions Seen at Breast MRI.
- Authors: Grimm LJ, Anderson AL, Baker JA, Johnson KS, Walsh R, Yoon SC, Ghate SV
- Issue date: 2015 Aug
- Characteristics of probably benign breast MRI lesions.
- Authors: Eby PR, DeMartini WB, Gutierrez RL, Saini MH, Peacock S, Lehman CD
- Issue date: 2009 Sep
- Characteristics, Malignancy Rate, and Follow-up of BI-RADS Category 3 Lesions Identified at Breast MR Imaging: Implications for MR Image Interpretation and Management.
- Authors: Chikarmane SA, Birdwell RL, Poole PS, Sippo DA, Giess CS
- Issue date: 2016 Sep