A UK NEQAS ISH multicenter ring study using the Ventana HER2 dual-color ISH assay.
AuthorsBartlett, J M S
Campbell, Fiona M
Morgan, John M
AffiliationEndocrine Cancer Group, Edinburgh, Scotland.
Chromosomes, Human, Pair 17
Gene Expression Profiling
In Situ Hybridization, Fluorescence
Tissue Array Analysis
MetadataShow full item record
CitationA UK NEQAS ISH multicenter ring study using the Ventana HER2 dual-color ISH assay. 2011, 135 (1):157-62 Am. J. Clin. Pathol.
JournalAmerican journal of clinical pathology
AbstractWe performed a multicenter assessment of a new HER2 dual-color chromogenic in situ hybridization (CISH) test and herein report on concordance of CISH data with fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) data and intraobserver and interlaboratory scoring consistency. HER2 results were evaluated using duplicate cores from 30 breast cancers in 5 laboratories using the Ventana HER2 dual-color ISH assay (Ventana Medical Systems, Cambridgeshire, England) and in 1 central laboratory using a standard FISH assay. Overall 93.3% of cases were successfully analyzed by CISH across the 5 participating laboratories. There was excellent concordance (98.0% overall) for diagnosis of HER2 amplification by CISH compared with FISH. Intraobserver variability (7.7%) and intersite variability (9.1%) of absolute HER2/chromosome enumeration probe 17 ratios were tightly controlled across all participating laboratories. The Ventana HER2 dual-color ISH assay is robust and reproducible, shows good concordance with a standard FISH assay, and complies with requirements in national and international guidelines for performance of ISH-based diagnostic tests.
- Chromogenic in situ hybridization: a multicenter study comparing silver in situ hybridization with FISH.
- Authors: Bartlett JM, Campbell FM, Ibrahim M, Wencyk P, Ellis I, Kay E, Connolly Y, O'Grady A, Di Palma S, Starczynski J, Morgan JM, Jasani B, Miller K
- Issue date: 2009 Oct
- A UK NEQAS ICC and ISH multicentre study using the Kreatech Poseidon HER2 FISH probe: intersite variation can be rigorously controlled using FISH.
- Authors: Bartlett JM, Campbell FM, Ibrahim M, Thomas J, Wencyk P, Ellis I, Kay E, Connolly Y, O'Grady A, Barnett S, Starczynski J, Cunningham P, Miller K
- Issue date: 2010 Feb
- Validation and workflow optimization of human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 testing using INFORM HER2 dual-color in situ hybridization.
- Authors: Lim SJ, Cantillep A, Carpenter PM
- Issue date: 2013 Nov
- HER2 positivity in breast carcinoma: a comparison of chromogenic in situ hybridization with fluorescence in situ hybridization in tissue microarrays, with targeted evaluation of intratumoral heterogeneity by in situ hybridization.
- Authors: Loring P, Cummins R, O'Grady A, Kay EW
- Issue date: 2005 Jun
- Determination of HER2/neu status: a pilot study comparing HER2/neu dual in situ hybridization DNA probe cocktail assay performed on cell blocks to immunohistochemisty and fluorescence in situ hybridization performed on histologic specimens.
- Authors: Hartman AK, Gorman BK, Chakraborty S, Mody DR, Schwartz MR
- Issue date: 2014 Apr