An analysis of vascular surgery in elderly patients to determine whether age affects treatment strategy.
AffiliationSt. James Hospital, Dublin, Ireland. email@example.com
Vascular Surgical Procedures
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAn analysis of vascular surgery in elderly patients to determine whether age affects treatment strategy. 2012, 181 (1):73-6 Ir J Med Sci
JournalIrish journal of medical science
AbstractThe incidence of arterial disease increases with age. Increasing life expectancy in the western world will intensify demands on vascular surgeons with regard to increasing caseload, expanding patient selection criteria, and more complex and minimally-invasive treatment options. We analysed our arterial cases over the past 31 years (n = 6,144) and compared our methods of intervention and complication rates in the elderly population (>75) with the younger cohort, in order to determine whether age should influence our management strategies.
- Validation of a modified Frailty Index to predict mortality in vascular surgery patients.
- Authors: Ehlert BA, Najafian A, Orion KC, Malas MB, Black JH 3rd, Abularrage CJ
- Issue date: 2016 Jun
- Elective endovascular aneurysm repair in the elderly: trends and outcomes from the Nationwide Inpatient Sample.
- Authors: Park BD, Azefor NM, Huang CC, Ricotta JJ
- Issue date: 2014 May
- The Vascular Study Group of New England Cardiac Risk Index (VSG-CRI) predicts cardiac complications more accurately than the Revised Cardiac Risk Index in vascular surgery patients.
- Authors: Bertges DJ, Goodney PP, Zhao Y, Schanzer A, Nolan BW, Likosky DS, Eldrup-Jorgensen J, Cronenwett JL, Vascular Study Group of New England.
- Issue date: 2010 Sep
- Endovascular procedures for aorto-iliac occlusive disease are associated with superior short-term clinical and economic outcomes compared with open surgery in the inpatient population.
- Authors: Indes JE, Mandawat A, Tuggle CT, Muhs B, Sosa JA
- Issue date: 2010 Nov
- Obesity is Not an Independent Factor for Adverse Outcome after Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair.
- Authors: Salomon du Mont L, Mauny F, Chrétien N, Kazandjan C, Bourgeot C, Crespy V, Abello N, Rinckenbach S, Steinmetz E
- Issue date: 2016 May