Systematic review of outcomes after intersphincteric resection for low rectal cancer.
AffiliationDepartment of Colorectal Surgery, St Vincent's University Hospital, Elm Park, Dublin 4, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Neoplasm Recurrence, Local
Organ Sparing Treatments
MetadataShow full item record
CitationSystematic review of outcomes after intersphincteric resection for low rectal cancer. 2012, 99 (5):603-12 Br J Surg
JournalThe British journal of surgery
AbstractFor a select group of patients proctectomy with intersphincteric resection (ISR) for low rectal cancer may be a viable alternative to abdominoperineal resection, with good oncological outcomes while preserving sphincter function. The purpose of this systematic review was to evaluate the current evidence regarding oncological outcomes, morbidity and mortality, and functional outcomes after ISR for low rectal cancer.
- Long-term results of intersphincteric resection for low rectal cancer in Japan.
- Authors: Yamada K, Saiki Y, Takano S, Iwamoto K, Tanaka M, Fukunaga M, Noguchi T, Nakamura Y, Hisano S, Fukami K, Kuwahara D, Tsuji Y, Takano M, Usuku K, Ikeda T, Sugihara K
- Issue date: 2019 Apr
- A quest for sphincter-saving surgery in ultralow rectal tumours-a single-centre cohort study.
- Authors: Rubinkiewicz M, Zarzycki P, Czerwińska A, Wysocki M, Gajewska N, Torbicz G, Budzyński A, Pędziwiatr M
- Issue date: 2018 Nov 7
- Robotic coloanal anastomosis with or without intersphincteric resection for low rectal cancer: starting with the perianal approach followed by robotic procedure.
- Authors: Kang J, Hur H, Min BS, Lee KY, Kim NK
- Issue date: 2012 Jan
- Robotic versus laparoscopic intersphincteric resection for low rectal cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Authors: Lee SH, Kim DH, Lim SW
- Issue date: 2018 Dec
- Multicentre study of robotic intersphincteric resection for low rectal cancer.
- Authors: Park JS, Kim NK, Kim SH, Lee KY, Lee KY, Shin JY, Kim CN, Choi GS, Korean Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery Study Group.
- Issue date: 2015 Nov