Superior cerebellar aneurysm causing subarachnoid haemorrhage in a 17-year-old with alagille syndrome.
AffiliationDepartment of Neurosurgery, Cork University Hospital , Wilton, Cork , Republic of Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationSuperior cerebellar aneurysm causing subarachnoid haemorrhage in a 17-year-old with alagille syndrome. 2012, 26 (2):287-9 Br J Neurosurg
JournalBritish journal of neurosurgery
AbstractAlagille syndrome is a rare autosomal dominant condition characterised by mutation in Jagged1 gene. Intracranial aneurysms may be seen in this condition and may present as subarachnoid hemorrhage. We describe the first case of superior cerebellar aneurysm rupture causing WFNS grade 1 subarachnoid haemorrhage in a 17-year-old girl. The clinical condition and management of this rare occurrence is discussed with a review of literature.
- Timing of aneurysm surgery in subarachnoid haemorrhage--an observational study in The Netherlands.
- Authors: Nieuwkamp DJ, de Gans K, Algra A, Albrecht KW, Boomstra S, Brouwers PJ, Groen RJ, Metzemaekers JD, Nijssen PC, Roos YB, Tulleken CA, Vandertop WP, van Gijn J, Vos PE, Rinkel GJ
- Issue date: 2005 Aug
- Intrameatal aneurysm of the anterior inferior cerebellar artery.
- Authors: Zotta DC, Stati G, De Paulis D, Galzio RJ
- Issue date: 2011 Apr
- Persistent hypoglossal artery--an increased risk for intracranial aneurysms?
- Authors: Teo M, Bhattacharya J, Suttner N
- Issue date: 2012 Dec
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage due to aneurysm rupture in a young woman with Alagille syndrome - A rare cause of sudden death.
- Authors: Doberentz E, Kuchelmeister K, Madea B
- Issue date: 2015 Sep
- [Ruptured aneurysm of the marginal branch of the superior cerebellar artery: case report].
- Authors: Hirai O, Kataoka H, Niita T
- Issue date: 1998 Feb