Peritoneal dialysis in an ageing population: a 10-year experience.
AffiliationDepartment of Nephrology, Adelaide & Meath Hospital, Dublin 24, Tallaght, Ireland. email@example.com
Kidney Failure, Chronic
Length of Stay
Peripheral Vascular Diseases
MetadataShow full item record
CitationPeritoneal dialysis in an ageing population: a 10-year experience. 2012, 44 (1):283-93 Int Urol Nephrol
JournalInternational urology and nephrology
AbstractChronic kidney disease (CKD) is becoming increasingly prevalent and there are increasing numbers of older patients with advanced CKD. Peritoneal dialysis (PD) is a potential treatment. This study aims to compare PD outcomes in age-defined populations in the largest PD centre in the Republic of Ireland over 10 years.
- How to improve survival in geriatric peritoneal dialysis patients.
- Authors: Hiramatsu M, Japanese Society for Elderly Patients on Peritoneal Dialysis.
- Issue date: 2007 Jun
- Compared with younger peritoneal dialysis patients, elderly patients have similar peritonitis-free survival and lower risk of technique failure, but higher risk of peritonitis-related mortality.
- Authors: Lim WH, Dogra GK, McDonald SP, Brown FG, Johnson DW
- Issue date: 2011 Nov-Dec
- Peritoneal dialysis and kidney transplant. A two-way ticket in an integrated renal replacement therapy model.
- Authors: Portolés J, Moreno F, López-Sánchez P, Mancha J, Gómez M, Corchete E, Del Peso G, Bajo MA, Llópez-Carratalá R, Fernández-Perpén A, Grupo Centro Diálisis Peritoneal-GCDP, REDinREN.
- Issue date: 2011
- Peritoneal dialysis in elderly patients: report from the French Peritoneal Dialysis Registry (RDPLF).
- Authors: Castrale C, Evans D, Verger C, Fabre E, Aguilera D, Ryckelynck JP, Lobbedez T
- Issue date: 2010 Jan
- Effect of previously failed kidney transplantation on peritoneal dialysis outcomes in the Australian and New Zealand patient populations.
- Authors: Badve SV, Hawley CM, McDonald SP, Mudge DW, Rosman JB, Brown FG, Johnson DW, ANZDATA Registry PD Working Committee.
- Issue date: 2006 Mar