Differential expression of NK receptors CD94 and NKG2A by T cells in rheumatoid arthritis patients in remission compared to active disease.
AuthorsWalsh, Ceara E
Ryan, Elizabeth J
Veale, Douglas J
AffiliationTranslation Rheumatology Research Group, Dublin Academic Medical Centre, St. Vincent's University Hospital, Elm Park, Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Killer Cells, Natural
NK Cell Lectin-Like Receptor Subfamily C
NK Cell Lectin-Like Receptor Subfamily D
Tumor Necrosis Factor-alpha
MetadataShow full item record
CitationDifferential expression of NK receptors CD94 and NKG2A by T cells in rheumatoid arthritis patients in remission compared to active disease. 2011, 6 (11):e27182 PLoS ONE
AbstractTNF inhibitors (TNFi) have revolutionised the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Natural killer (NK) cells and Natural Killer Cell Receptor+ T (NKT) cells comprise important effector lymphocytes whose activity is tightly regulated through surface NK receptors (NKRs). Dysregulation of NKRs in patients with autoimmune diseases has been shown, however little is known regarding NKRs expression in patients with TNFi-induced remission and in those who maintain remission vs disease flare following TNFi withdrawal.
- Increased expression of the natural killer cell inhibitory receptor CD94/NKG2A and CD158b on circulating and lesional T cells in patients with chronic plaque psoriasis.
- Authors: Liao YH, Jee SH, Sheu BC, Huang YL, Tseng MP, Hsu SM, Tsai TF
- Issue date: 2006 Aug
- Balance between activating NKG2D, DNAM-1, NKp44 and NKp46 and inhibitory CD94/NKG2A receptors determine natural killer degranulation towards rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblasts.
- Authors: Nielsen N, Pascal V, Fasth AE, Sundström Y, Galsgaard ED, Ahern D, Andersen M, Baslund B, Bartels EM, Bliddal H, Feldmann M, Malmström V, Berg L, Spee P, Söderström K
- Issue date: 2014 Aug
- Upregulation of Fas and downregulation of CD94/NKG2A inhibitory receptors on circulating natural killer cells in patients with new-onset psoriasis.
- Authors: Son SW, Kim EO, Ryu ES, Kim TJ, Kim JN, Choi JE, Kye YC, Lee KM
- Issue date: 2009 Aug
- Differential expression of natural killer cell receptors (CD94/NKG2A) on T cells by the stimulation of G-CSF-mobilized peripheral blood mononuclear cells with anti-CD3 monoclonal antibody and cytokines: a study in stem cell donors.
- Authors: Tanaka J, Toubai T, Miura Y, Tsutsumi Y, Kato N, Umehara S, Toyoshima N, Ohta S, Asaka M, Imamura M
- Issue date: 2004 Oct
- Up-regulation of inhibitory natural killer receptors CD94/NKG2A with suppressed intracellular perforin expression of tumor-infiltrating CD8+ T lymphocytes in human cervical carcinoma.
- Authors: Sheu BC, Chiou SH, Lin HH, Chow SN, Huang SC, Ho HN, Hsu SM
- Issue date: 2005 Apr 1