How to identify patients with cancer at risk of falling: a review of the evidence.
AffiliationDepartment of Education & Research, Our Lady's Hospice and Care Services, Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Aged, 80 and over
MetadataShow full item record
CitationHow to identify patients with cancer at risk of falling: a review of the evidence. 2011, 14 (2):221-30 J Palliat Med
JournalJournal of palliative medicine
AbstractFurther research is needed to identify patients at risk and inform the design of an interventional model to reduce falls risk. Investigators should be cognizant of the limitations of using cross-sectional study design to answer this research question, should employ validated tools to measure exposure variables, use reliable methods to ascertain the occurrence of falls and appropriate statistical models to adjust for confounding variables.
- What Works to Prevent Falls in Community-Dwelling Older Adults? Umbrella Review of Meta-analyses of Randomized Controlled Trials.
- Authors: Stubbs B, Brefka S, Denkinger MD
- Issue date: 2015 Aug
- Prevention of fall incidents in patients with a high risk of falling: design of a randomised controlled trial with an economic evaluation of the effect of multidisciplinary transmural care.
- Authors: Peeters GM, de Vries OJ, Elders PJ, Pluijm SM, Bouter LM, Lips P
- Issue date: 2007 Jul 2
- Evaluation of a falls prevention programme in an acute tertiary care hospital.
- Authors: Williams TA, King G, Hill AM, Rajagopal M, Barnes T, Basu A, Pascoe G, Birkett K, Kidd H
- Issue date: 2007 Feb
- Falls prevention for the elderly.
- Authors: Balzer K, Bremer M, Schramm S, Lühmann D, Raspe H
- Issue date: 2012
- Predicting falls in older women.
- Authors: Morris R
- Issue date: 2007 Dec