A prospective study of the incidence of falls in patients with advanced cancer.
AffiliationOur Lady's Hospice & Care Services, Harold's Cross, Dublin, Ireland. email@example.com
Aged, 80 and over
MetadataShow full item record
CitationA prospective study of the incidence of falls in patients with advanced cancer. 2011, 42 (4):535-40 J Pain Symptom Manage
JournalJournal of pain and symptom management
AbstractOne in two patients with advanced cancer fell during follow-up of up to six months, regardless of age. There is a need to investigate the sequelae of falls in patients with cancer, to ascertain the risk factors, and in particular, the modifiable risk factors in this population.
- Prospective study of falls and risk factors for falls in adults with advanced cancer.
- Authors: Stone CA, Lawlor PG, Savva GM, Bennett K, Kenny RA
- Issue date: 2012 Jun 10
- Older individuals with diabetes have an increased risk of recurrent falls: analysis of potential mediating factors: the Longitudinal Ageing Study Amsterdam.
- Authors: Pijpers E, Ferreira I, de Jongh RT, Deeg DJ, Lips P, Stehouwer CD, Nieuwenhuijzen Kruseman AC
- Issue date: 2012 May
- Incidence and risk factors of hospital falls on long-term care wards in Japan.
- Authors: Tanaka B, Sakuma M, Ohtani M, Toshiro J, Matsumura T, Morimoto T
- Issue date: 2012 Jun
- Falls in hemodialysis patients: prospective study of incidence, risk factors, and complications.
- Authors: Desmet C, Beguin C, Swine C, Jadoul M, Université Catholique de Louvain Collaborative Group.
- Issue date: 2005 Jan
- Association of postprandial hypotension with incidence of falls, syncope, coronary events, stroke, and total mortality at 29-month follow-up in 499 older nursing home residents.
- Authors: Aronow WS, Ahn C
- Issue date: 1997 Sep