Frequency and risk factors associated with emergency medical readmissions in Galway University Hospitals.
AffiliationRegional Health Office, Merlin Park University Hospital, HSE West, Galway, Ireland.
Aged, 80 and over
Emergency Service, Hospital
Length of Stay
Pulmonary Disease, Chronic Obstructive
MetadataShow full item record
CitationFrequency and risk factors associated with emergency medical readmissions in Galway University Hospitals. 2010, 179 (2):255-8 Ir J Med Sci
JournalIrish journal of medical science
AbstractUnplanned readmissions of medical hospital patients have been increasing in recent years. We examined the frequency and associates of emergency medical readmissions to Galway University Hospitals (GUH).
- Iatrogenic risk factors associated with hospital readmission of elderly patients: A matched case-control study using a clinical data warehouse.
- Authors: Schwab C, Korb-Savoldelli V, Escudie JB, Fernandez C, Durieux P, Saint-Jean O, Sabatier B
- Issue date: 2018 Jun
- Factors associated with unplanned readmissions within 1 day of acute care discharge: a retrospective cohort study.
- Authors: Considine J, Berry D, Newnham E, Jiang M, Fox K, Plunkett D, Mecner M, Darzins P, O'Reilly M
- Issue date: 2018 Sep 14
- Factors associated with unplanned readmissions in a major Australian health service.
- Authors: Considine J, Fox K, Plunkett D, Mecner M, O Reilly M, Darzins P
- Issue date: 2019 Feb
- Emergency readmissions are substantially determined by acute illness severity and chronic debilitating illness: a single centre cohort study.
- Authors: Conway R, Byrne D, O'Riordan D, Silke B
- Issue date: 2015 Jan
- Evaluation of prediction strategy and care coordination for COPD readmissions.
- Authors: Bashir B, Schneider D, Naglak MC, Churilla TM, Adelsberger M
- Issue date: 2016 Aug