Frequency and risk factors associated with emergency medical readmissions in Galway University Hospitals.
AffiliationRegional Health Office, Merlin Park University Hospital, HSE West, Galway, Ireland.
Aged, 80 and over
Emergency Service, Hospital
Length of Stay
Pulmonary Disease, Chronic Obstructive
MetadataShow full item record
CitationFrequency and risk factors associated with emergency medical readmissions in Galway University Hospitals. 2010, 179 (2):255-8 Ir J Med Sci
JournalIrish journal of medical science
AbstractUnplanned readmissions of medical hospital patients have been increasing in recent years. We examined the frequency and associates of emergency medical readmissions to Galway University Hospitals (GUH).
- Iatrogenic risk factors associated with hospital readmission of elderly patients: A matched case-control study using a clinical data warehouse.
- Authors: Schwab C, Korb-Savoldelli V, Escudie JB, Fernandez C, Durieux P, Saint-Jean O, Sabatier B
- Issue date: 2018 Jun
- Avoidable readmission in Hong Kong--system, clinician, patient or social factor?
- Authors: Yam CH, Wong EL, Chan FW, Leung MC, Wong FY, Cheung AW, Yeoh EK
- Issue date: 2010 Nov 17
- Emergency readmissions are substantially determined by acute illness severity and chronic debilitating illness: a single centre cohort study.
- Authors: Conway R, Byrne D, O'Riordan D, Silke B
- Issue date: 2015 Jan
- Evaluation of prediction strategy and care coordination for COPD readmissions.
- Authors: Bashir B, Schneider D, Naglak MC, Churilla TM, Adelsberger M
- Issue date: 2016 Aug
- Hospital-based, acute care use among patients within 30 days of discharge after coronary artery bypass surgery.
- Authors: Fox JP, Suter LG, Wang K, Wang Y, Krumholz HM, Ross JS
- Issue date: 2013 Jul