AffiliationDepartment of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Beacon Hospital, Sandyford, Dublin, 18 Ireland. email@example.com
MeSHAged, 80 and over
Head and Neck Neoplasms
MetadataShow full item record
CitationDesmoplastic malignant melanoma presenting as large lung mass. 2010, 90 (2):657-9 Ann. Thorac. Surg.
JournalThe Annals of thoracic surgery
AbstractWe describe a case of successful minimally invasive thoracoscopic surgical resection of metastatic desmoplastic malignant melanoma replacing the entire right lower lobe of the lung, presenting 4 years after the initial complete resection of the primary scalp lesion. An 89-year-old man presented with a 6-month history of right-sided chest pain. A computed tomographic scan showed a large paravertebral mass with possibility of chest wall invasion. Core biopsy initially raised the suspicion of a schwannoma. We also discussed the atypical delayed presentation and misleading radiologic and histologic findings.
- Fine-needle aspiration biopsy of metastatic malignant melanoma resembling a malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor.
- Authors: Bardarov S, Michael CW, Lucas D, Pang Y, Pu RT
- Issue date: 2008 Oct
- Cutaneous metastasis of breast carcinoma mimicking malignant melanoma in scalp.
- Authors: Martí N, Molina I, Monteagudo C, López V, García L, Jordá E
- Issue date: 2008 Nov 15
- Primary malignant melanoma of the lung: review of literature and report of a case.
- Authors: Reddy VS, Mykytenko J, Giltman LI, Mansour KA
- Issue date: 2007 Mar
- Scalp lesion: a presenting feature of squamous cell carcinoma of lung.
- Authors: Gupta PP, Gupta KB, Gulia J, Agarwal D, Mehta D
- Issue date: 2010 Jul-Sep
- Desmoplastic malignant melanoma of the scalp.
- Authors: Calista D
- Issue date: 2009 Jun