AffiliationDepartment of Respiratory Medicine, Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Cork, Ireland.
Clinical Trials as Topic
Combined Modality Therapy
Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
Medication Therapy Management
Outcome Assessment (Health Care)
Oxygen Inhalation Therapy
Tumor Necrosis Factor-alpha
MetadataShow full item record
CitationIdiopathic pulmonary fibrosis: treatment update. 2011, 28 (11):986-99 Adv Ther
JournalAdvances in therapy
AbstractIdiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) is the most common of the idiopathic interstitial pneumonias. Despite multiple recent clinical trials, there is no strong evidence supporting a survival advantage for any agent in the management of patients with IPF. The limited effectiveness of current treatment regimes has led to a search for novel therapies including antifibrotic strategies. This article reviews the evidence supporting the treatments currently used in the management of IPF.
- [Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis: modern guideline-concordant diagnostics and innovative treatment].
- Authors: Behr J
- Issue date: 2012 Mar
- Follow-up and nonpharmacological management of the idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis patient.
- Authors: Egan JJ
- Issue date: 2011 Jun
- Treating IPF--all or nothing? A PRO-CON debate.
- Authors: Behr J, Kolb M, Cox G
- Issue date: 2009 Nov
- [Treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis].
- Authors: Valeyre D, Dion G
- Issue date: 2010 Feb
- New perspectives in the treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
- Authors: Rogliani P, Mura M, Assunta Porretta M, Saltini C
- Issue date: 2008 Apr