Early diagnosis of bilateral sub-deltoid bursitis using clinic-based ultrasonography in a patient receiving infliximab therapy for ulcerative pouchitis.
AffiliationDepartment of Gastroenterology, Adelaide & Meath Hospital, Tallaght, Dublin 24, Republic of Ireland. email@example.com
Tumor Necrosis Factor-alpha
MetadataShow full item record
CitationEarly diagnosis of bilateral sub-deltoid bursitis using clinic-based ultrasonography in a patient receiving infliximab therapy for ulcerative pouchitis. 2010, 179 (4):597-8 Ir J Med Sci
JournalIrish journal of medical science
AbstractInfliximab, a monoclonal chimeric antibody to tumour necrosis factor (TNF)α, is a novel therapy used in the management of chronic refractory pouchitis that is unresponsive to conventional medical therapy.
This report describes a case of non-infective bursitis following infliximab therapy and documents the role of musculoskeletal ultrasound in detecting soft tissue fluid collections and in guiding aspiration.
A high index of suspicion is required when assessing new or worsening musculoskeletal pain in patients receiving infliximab and involvement of a rheumatologist at an early stage is essential in order to appropriately diagnose and manage this condition.
- Long term benefit of one year infliximab administration for the treatment of chronic refractory pouchitis.
- Authors: Viazis N, Giakoumis M, Koukouratos T, Anastasiou J, Katopodi K, Kechagias G, Anastasopoulos E, Saprikis E, Chanias M, Tribonias G, Karamanolis DG
- Issue date: 2013 Nov
- Bilateral Sub-deltoid Bursitis in a Patient Receiving Infliximab for Crohn's Disease.
- Authors: Bellakhal S, Abbes M, Jomni MT, Abdelaali I, Charfi M, Douggui MH
- Issue date: 2020
- Efficacy of anti-tumor necrosis factor therapy in patients with ulcerative colitis.
- Authors: Su C, Salzberg BA, Lewis JD, Deren JJ, Kornbluth A, Katzka DA, Stein RB, Adler DR, Lichtenstein GR
- Issue date: 2002 Oct
- Infliximab for ulcerative colitis.
- Authors: Becker JM, Prushik SG, Stucchi AF
- Issue date: 2006 Mar 30
- Infliximab to Treat Refractory Inflammation After Pelvic Pouch Surgery for Ulcerative Colitis.
- Authors: Kelly OB, Rosenberg M, Tyler AD, Stempak JM, Steinhart AH, Cohen Z, Greenberg GR, Silverberg MS
- Issue date: 2016 Apr