Acquired generalised neuromyotonia, cutaneous lupus erythematosus and alopecia areata in a patient with myasthenia gravis.
AffiliationDepartment of Neurology and Neurophysiology, Cork University Hospital, Wilton,, Cork, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Isaacs Syndrome/*diagnosis/drug therapy/immunology
Lupus Erythematosus, Cutaneous/*diagnosis/immunology
Potassium Channels, Voltage-Gated/immunology
MetadataShow full item record
CitationClin Neurol Neurosurg. 2007 May;109(4):374-5. Epub 2007 Jan 18.
JournalClinical neurology and neurosurgery
AbstractWe describe a patient with the diagnoses of acquired neuromyotonia, cutaneous lupus erythematosus and alopecia areata, occurring many years after a thymectomy for myasthenia gravis associated with a thymoma. We review the current literature on autoimmune conditions associated with myasthenia gravis and thymectomy. To our knowledge, this combination of multiple autoimmune conditions has not been reported previously.
- Multiple paraneoplastic syndromes: myasthenia gravis, vitiligo, alopecia areata, and oral lichen planus associated with thymoma.
- Authors: Qiao J, Zhou G, Ding Y, Zhu D, Fang H
- Issue date: 2011 Sep 15
- Acetylcholine receptor antibody measurements in acquired myasthenia gravis. Diagnostic sensitivity and predictive value for thymoma.
- Authors: Husain AM, Massey JM, Howard JF, Sanders DB
- Issue date: 1998 May 13
- Postthymectomy myasthenia gravis: relationship with thymoma and antiacetylcholine receptor antibody.
- Authors: Nakajima J, Murakawa T, Fukami T, Sano A, Takamoto S, Ohtsu H
- Issue date: 2008 Sep
- Ocular Neuromyotonia and Myasthenia Gravis.
- Authors: Jang J, Chang M, Kyung S
- Issue date: 2015 May-Jun
- Acquired neuromyotonia heralding recurrent thymoma in myasthenia gravis.
- Authors: Fleisher J, Richie M, Price R, Scherer S, Dalmau J, Lancaster E
- Issue date: 2013 Oct