Garre's chronic diffuse sclerosing osteomyelitis of the sacrum: a rare condition mimicking malignancy.
AffiliationDepartment of Neuropathology, Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Cork, Ireland.
Anti-Infective Agents/therapeutic use
MetadataShow full item record
CitationBr J Neurosurg. 2006 Dec;20(6):415-9.
JournalBritish journal of neurosurgery
AbstractGarre's chronic diffuse sclerosing osteomyelitis (DSOM) is a rare disease that occurs most commonly in the mandible. We present a case of sacral DSOM that simulated an expanding destructive sacral tumour. Treatment was conducted on the basis of the available experience with the mandibular form of the disease, with partial symptomatic relief, but progressive sclerosis of the sacral lesion. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first case initially presenting in the sacrum. As an osteolytic expanding lesion simulating malignancy, it is important to recognize this entity in the sacrum.
- [Garre's chronic sclerosing osteomyelitis with sacral involvement in a child].
- Authors: Franco-Jiménez S, Romero-Aguilar JF, Bervel-Clemente S, Martínez-Váquez M, Alvarez-Benito N, Grande-Gutiérrez P, Maldonado-Yanza RG
- Issue date: 2013 Mar-Apr
- [Garrè's osteomyelitis with bilateral mandible: a case report].
- Authors: Gao P, Wang X, Xuan M, Ma X, Chang Z, Xiong S
- Issue date: 2015 Aug
- Primary chronic sclerosing (Garré's) osteomyelitis in children.
- Authors: Segev E, Hayek S, Lokiec F, Ezra E, Issakov J, Wientroub S
- Issue date: 2001 Oct
- [Garré's osteomyelitis and chronic sclerosing osteomyelitis of the mandible].
- Authors: Asada K
- Issue date: 1978 Sep
- [Chronic sclerosing osteomyelitis (so-called Garré's). Review of 12 cases].
- Authors: Bernard-Bonnin AC, Marton D, Brochu P
- Issue date: 1987 Apr