CT and MRI 'ring sign' may be due to demyelination: diagnostic pitfall.
AffiliationNeurosurgery Department, Cork University Hospital, Republic of Ireland., email@example.com
Demyelinating Autoimmune Diseases, CNS/*diagnosis/drug therapy/pathology
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Tomography, X-Ray Computed
MetadataShow full item record
CitationBr J Neurosurg. 2007 Jun;21(3):309-11.
JournalBritish journal of neurosurgery
AbstractWe report a case of acute demyelinating encephalomyelitis (ADEM) in which both CT and MRI showed multiple ring-enhancing lesions suggestive of abscesses or brain tumour. This is a relatively rare phenomenon.
- Lesser-known myelin-related disorders: focal tumour-like demyelinating lesions.
- Authors: Jiménez Arango JA, Uribe Uribe CS, Toro González G
- Issue date: 2015 Mar
- Pseudotumoral demyelinating lesions: diagnostic approach and long-term outcome.
- Authors: Hardy TA
- Issue date: 2019 Jun
- Rare brain biopsy findings in a first ADEM-like event of pediatric MS: histopathologic, neuroradiologic and clinical features.
- Authors: Hoche F, Pfeifenbring S, Vlaho S, Qirshi M, Theis M, Schneider W, Porto L, Müller K, Kieslich M
- Issue date: 2011 Sep
- A distinct subgroup of chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy with CNS demyelination and a favorable response to immunotherapy.
- Authors: Pineda AA, Ogata K, Osoegawa M, Murai H, Shigeto H, Yoshiura T, Tobimatsu S, Kira J
- Issue date: 2007 Apr 15
- Non-MS autoimmune demyelination.
- Authors: Cikes N, Bosnic D, Sentic M
- Issue date: 2008 Nov