Which patients will benefit from percutaneous radiofrequency ablation of colorectal liver metastases? Critically appraised topic.
AffiliationDepartment of Radiology, Cork University Hospital, University College Cork, Cork,, Ireland.
Neoplasm Recurrence, Local
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAbdom Imaging. 2008 Jan-Feb;33(1):48-53.
AbstractIn clinical radiology, there are numerous examples of new techniques that were initially enthusiastically promoted and then subsequently abandoned when early promise was not realized in routine patient care. Appropriateness of new or established interventional radiology techniques to specific clinical conditions must be determined from clinical experience, from communication with experts in the field and/or careful review of available medical literature, and on an individual patient basis by means of review of clinical notes and diagnostic imaging studies. For patients with liver neoplasms, regional techniques such as radiofrequency ablation (RFA) have been developed and are now the subject of ongoing research. This article describes the utilization of Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) techniques as a means of deciding the appropriateness of percutaneous RFA in treating colorectal liver metastases (CLM).
- [Radiofrequency ablation of colorectal metastases to the liver: results since the first application in the Netherlands].
- Authors: Blussé van Oud-Alblas M, Fioole B, Jansen MC, van Duijnhoven FH, van Hillegersberg R, Rijken AM, van Coevorden F, Borel Rinkes IH
- Issue date: 2008 Apr 12
- Radiofrequency ablation versus resection for resectable colorectal liver metastases: time for a randomized trial? An update.
- Authors: Mulier S, Ruers T, Jamart J, Michel L, Marchal G, Ni Y
- Issue date: 2008
- Radiofrequency ablation of colorectal liver metastases: long-term survival.
- Authors: Sørensen SM, Mortensen FV, Nielsen DT
- Issue date: 2007 Apr
- Radiofrequency ablation of liver cancer.
- Authors: Lencioni R, Crocetti L
- Issue date: 2007 Mar
- [Diagnosis and treatment of colorectal liver metastases - workflow].
- Authors: Grundmann RT, Hermanek P, Merkel S, Germer CT, Grundmann RT, Hauss J, Henne-Bruns D, Herfarth K, Hermanek P, Hopt UT, Junginger T, Klar E, Klempnauer J, Knapp WH, Kraus M, Lang H, Link KH, Löhe F, Merkel S, Oldhafer KJ, Raab HR, Rau HG, Reinacher-Schick A, Ricke J, Roder J, Schäfer AO, Schlitt HJ, Schön MR, Stippel D, Tannapfel A, Tatsch K, Vogl TJ, Arbeitsgruppe Workflow Diagnostik und Therapie von Lebermetastasen kolorektaler Karzinome.
- Issue date: 2008 Jun