Reperfusion hemorrhage following superior mesenteric artery stenting.
AffiliationDepartment of Radiology, Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Cork, Ireland.
*Mesenteric Artery, Superior
Mesenteric Vascular Occlusion/radiography/*therapy
MetadataShow full item record
CitationCardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2008 Jul;31 Suppl 2:S57-61. Epub 2007 Oct 23.
JournalCardiovascular and interventional radiology
AbstractPercutaneous transluminal angioplasty and stent placement is now an established treatment option for chronic mesenteric ischemia and is associated with low mortality and morbidity rates. We present a case of reperfusion hemorrhage complicating endovascular repair of superior mesenteric artery stenosis. Although a recognized complication following repair of carotid stenosis, hemorrhage has not previously been reported following mesenteric endovascular reperfusion. We describe both spontaneous cessation of bleeding and treatment with coil embolization.
- Superior mesenteric artery stenosis treated with percutaneous transluminal angioplasty and stent placement.
- Authors: Pietura R, Szymańska A, Janicki K, Bojarska A, Szczerbo-Trojanowska M
- Issue date: 2003
- Primary stenting of the superior mesenteric artery for treatment of chronic mesenteric ischemia--a case report.
- Authors: Forauer AR, McLean GK
- Issue date: 1999 Jan
- Spontaneous recanalization of superior mesenteric artery occlusion following angioplasty and stenting of inferior mesenteric artery.
- Authors: Akpinar E, Cil BE, Arat A, Baykal A, Karaman K, Balkanci F
- Issue date: 2006 Jan-Feb
- Superior mesenteric artery stent fracture producing stenosis and recurrent chronic mesenteric ischemia: case report.
- Authors: Klepczyk L, Keeling WB, Stone PA, Shames ML
- Issue date: 2008 Feb-Mar
- Percutaneous recanalization and stent placement in chronic proximal superior mesenteric artery occlusion.
- Authors: Maleux G, Wilms G, Stockx L, Vancleemput J, Baert AL
- Issue date: 1997