AffiliationDepartment of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Cork University Hospital, Cork,, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
MeSHAged, 80 and over
*Cholangiopancreatography, Endoscopic Retrograde
Gallstones/*etiology/prevention & control/therapy
MetadataShow full item record
CitationJ Clin Gastroenterol. 2008 Feb;42(2):212.
JournalJournal of clinical gastroenterology
AbstractBiliary stent occlusion is a major complication of endoscopic stent insertion and results in repeat procedures. Various theories as to the etiology have been proposed, the most frequently studied is the attachment of gram negative bacteria within the stent. Several studies have shown prolongation of stent patency with antibiotic prophylaxis. We report the case of stent occlusion from a cast of a previously inserted straight biliary stent; a "stent cast" in an 86-year-old woman with obstructive jaundice. This was retrieved with the lithotrypter and she made an uneventful recovery. This is the first reported case of a biliary stent cast.
- De novo stent-stone complex after long-term biliary stent placement: pathogenesis, diagnosis, and endotherapy.
- Authors: Tang SJ, Armstrong L, Lara LF, Kortan P
- Issue date: 2007 Jul
- A comparison of metal and plastic stents for the relief of jaundice in unresectable malignant biliary obstruction in Korea: an emphasis on cost-effectiveness in a country with a low ERCP cost.
- Authors: Yoon WJ, Ryu JK, Yang KY, Paik WH, Lee JK, Woo SM, Park JK, Kim YT, Yoon YB
- Issue date: 2009 Aug
- Removal of a large stone growing around and encasing a plastic biliary stent: respect the ductal axis.
- Authors: Dokas S, Kalampakas A, Delivorias P, Sion M, Tsitouridis I
- Issue date: 2009 Apr
- Prevention of biliary stent clogging: a clinical review.
- Authors: Libby ED, Leung JW
- Issue date: 1996 Jul
- [Application of biliary stents in endoscopic stenting of biliary ducts].
- Authors: Pupka A, Rać J, Janus W, Cianciara J, Starski A, Szyber PP, Szyber P
- Issue date: 2006