AffiliationDepartment of Plastic Surgery, Cork University Hospital, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationPlast Reconstr Surg. 1998 Aug;102(2):543-4.
JournalPlastic and reconstructive surgery
AbstractA case of iatrogenic atlantoaxial subluxation after bilateral otoplasty is presented. Cineradiography was required for definitive diagnosis. Bed rest and Halter traction successfully resolved the condition. Great care is required while turning the head during skin preparation, draping, planning, and surgery, especially in young children. A high index of suspicion is necessary when a child develops torticollis after otoplasty.
- [Grisel's syndrome after otoplasty].
- Authors: Durst F, Staudenmaier R, Pilge H, Lauen J, Prodinger P, Holzapfel K, Pickhard A
- Issue date: 2012 Feb
- Atlantoaxial rotary subluxation in children.
- Authors: Muñiz AE, Belfer RA
- Issue date: 1999 Feb
- The management of rotatory atlanto-axial subluxation in children.
- Authors: Phillips WA, Hensinger RN
- Issue date: 1989 Jun
- Cervical vertebrae subluxation.
- Authors: Hopla DM, Mazur JM, Bass RM
- Issue date: 1983 Sep
- Atlantoaxial rotatory fixation in a child after bilateral otoplastic surgery.
- Authors: Tauchi R, Imagama S, Ito Z, Ando K, Muramoto A, Matsui H, Matsumoto T, Ukai J, Kobayashi K, Shinjo R, Nakashima H, Ishiguro N
- Issue date: 2014 Jul