AffiliationDepartment of Orthopaedic Surgery, Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Ireland.
MeSHAccidents, Traffic/*statistics & numerical data
Aged, 80 and over
Injury Severity Score
Referral and Consultation/utilization
Rural Health/*statistics & numerical data
Wounds and Injuries/*epidemiology/etiology
MetadataShow full item record
CitationInjury. 1999 Jun;30(5):337-40.
AbstractRoad accident trauma is a leading cause of death and serious morbidity among healthy young adults in the developed world. The Irish Republic has the third worst road safety record in the EU. In studying the unique demographics of rural road accidents, our aim was to provide information essential to the future development of trauma care in Ireland. Our figures highlight the inadequacies of data received by the National Roads Authority, illustrate the resource impact of road trauma on a peripheral hospital, and demonstrate the need for similar studies in the rationalisation of trauma care as we approach the next millennium.
- Incidence of seriously injured road users in a Swedish region, 2003-2014, from the perspective of a national road safety policy.
- Authors: Värnild A, Larm P, Tillgren P
- Issue date: 2019 Nov 27
- The 'hit by a stick' disease: an epidemiologic study of the causes of trauma in a non-profit hospital in rural Ethiopia.
- Authors: Ayana B, Mekonen B, Lollino N
- Issue date: 2012 Jan
- Increased severe all-terrain vehicle accidents at a rural tennessee trauma center despite safety legislation.
- Authors: Testerman GM, Matrisch MS, Hensley S
- Issue date: 2013 May
- The contribution of the Israeli trauma system to the survival of road traffic casualties.
- Authors: Goldman S, Siman-Tov M, Bahouth H, Kessel B, Klein Y, Michaelson M, Miklosh B, Rivkind A, Shaked G, Simon D, Soffer D, Stein M, Peleg K
- Issue date: 2015
- The burden of fatal and non-fatal injury in rural India.
- Authors: Cardona M, Joshi R, Ivers RQ, Iyengar S, Chow CK, Colman S, Ramakrishna G, Dandona R, Stevenson MR, Neal BC
- Issue date: 2008 Aug