AffiliationDepartment of Clinical Neurology, Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Cork., email@example.com
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
*Tomography, X-Ray Computed
MetadataShow full item record
CitationIr Med J. 2008 Jan;101(1):21-2.
JournalIrish medical journal
AbstractImaging of the spine is a fundamental part of assessment of paraparesis. Since the advent of MRI the indications for myelograms have diminished. However, a myelogram, although an invasive test, should still be considered a useful investigation for localising lesions in the spinal cord and for identifying rare causes of myelopathy. This case illustrates how a CT myelogram identified an arachnoid cyst, which is a potentially treatable cause of paraparesis.
- Imaging diagnosis: erroneous localization of spinal arachnoid cyst.
- Authors: Gonçalves R, Hammond G, Penderis J
- Issue date: 2008 Sep-Oct
- Intradural extramedullary arachnoid cyst of the thoracic spine associated with cord compression.
- Authors: Wenger M, Zobor N, Markwalder R, Vogt E, Markwalder TM
- Issue date: 2007 Jul
- What is your diagnosis? Spinal arachnoid cysts.
- Authors: Sessums KB, Ducote JM, American College of Veterinary Radiology
- Issue date: 2006 Apr 1
- Cystothecostomy: a new technique to treat long segment spinal extradural arachnoid cyst.
- Authors: Dev R, Singh G, Singh SK, Mamgain A
- Issue date: 2008 Aug
- Magnetic resonance imaging contribution to the diagnosis of spinal cord compression by a subdural arachnoid cyst.
- Authors: Gindre-Barrucand T, Charleux F, Turjman F, Jouvet A, Confavreux C, Deruty R, Froment JC
- Issue date: 1991