Gastric antral vascular ectasia--a cause of refractory anaemia in systemic sclerosis.
AffiliationDept. of Rheumatology, Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Ireland., firstname.lastname@example.org
Gastric Antral Vascular Ectasia/*complications/diagnosis/therapy
MetadataShow full item record
CitationIr Med J. 2001 Nov-Dec;94(10):310.
JournalIrish medical journal
AbstractRecurrent gastrointestinal haemorrhage is an uncommon manifestation of systemic sclerosis. We report a case of gastrointestinal bleeding due to gastric antral vascular ectasia (GAVE) in a patient with systemic sclerosis. Failure to recognise the condition as a cause of gastrointestinal bleeding may delay the instigation of appropriate treatment. GAVE should be considered in the differential diagnosis of anaemia in patients with autoimmune conditions such as systemic sclerosis and primary biliary cirrhosis.
- Clinical images: Gastric antral vascular ectasia in systemic sclerosis.
- Authors: Thonhofer R, Siegel C, Trummer M, Gugl A
- Issue date: 2010 Jan
- Does capsule endoscopy recognise gastric antral vascular ectasia more frequently than conventional endoscopy?
- Authors: Sidhu R, Sanders DS, McAlindon ME
- Issue date: 2006 Dec
- [Watermelon stomach and scleroderma].
- Authors: Diederichsen AC, Rasmussen JM
- Issue date: 2002 Apr 8
- Gastric antral vascular ectasia (GAVE) associated with systemic sclerosis.
- Authors: Yamamoto M, Takahashi H, Akaike J, Suzuki C, Naishiro Y, Yamamoto H, Imai K, Shinomura Y
- Issue date: 2008 Jul-Aug
- Long-term effect of argon plasma coagulation (APC) in the treatment of gastric antral vascular ectasia (GAVE).
- Authors: Naga M, Esmat S, Naguib M, Sedrak H
- Issue date: 2011 Mar