AffiliationDepartment of Rheumatology, Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Cork, Ireland., email@example.com
MeSHAntirheumatic Agents/therapeutic use
Arthritis, Rheumatoid/drug therapy/*physiopathology
Chemokine CX3CL1/antagonists & inhibitors/*physiology
Synovial Membrane/blood supply/pathology
MetadataShow full item record
CitationRheumatology (Oxford). 2008 Oct;47(10):1446-51. Epub 2008 May 21.
JournalRheumatology (Oxford, England)
AbstractRheumatoid arthritis (RA) is characterized by the expansion of the synovium, with infiltration of pro-inflammatory cells, neovascularization and an abundance of pro-inflammatory cytokines resulting in tissue destruction and bone erosion. Fractalkine (FKN), a recently described chemokine, possesses chemotactic, angiogenic and adhesive functions that associates it with all of these destructive processes. In this review, we describe the research to date, which implicates FKN and its receptor in the pathogenesis of RA and propose that this molecule may represent a future therapeutic target for RA.
- Fractalkine is a novel chemoattractant for rheumatoid arthritis fibroblast-like synoviocyte signaling through MAP kinases and Akt.
- Authors: Volin MV, Huynh N, Klosowska K, Chong KK, Woods JM
- Issue date: 2007 Aug
- [Fractalkine--a proinflammatory chemokine in rheumatoid arthritis].
- Authors: Blaschke S, Müller GA
- Issue date: 2008 Sep
- The role of vascular cell adhesion molecule 1/ very late activation antigen 4 in endothelial progenitor cell recruitment to rheumatoid arthritis synovium.
- Authors: Silverman MD, Haas CS, Rad AM, Arbab AS, Koch AE
- Issue date: 2007 Jun
- [Repair of bone and articular destruction in rheumatoid arthritis].
- Authors: Kanbe K
- Issue date: 2007 Apr
- Fractalkine: a novel angiogenic chemokine in rheumatoid arthritis.
- Authors: Volin MV, Woods JM, Amin MA, Connors MA, Harlow LA, Koch AE
- Issue date: 2001 Oct