Lisfranc injuries: patient- and physician-based functional outcomes.
AffiliationDepartment of Orthopaedic Surgery, Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Ireland., firstname.lastname@example.org
Aged, 80 and over
*Attitude of Health Personnel
*Recovery of Function
MetadataShow full item record
CitationInt Orthop. 2003;27(2):98-102. Epub 2002 Dec 11.
AbstractThe purpose of this study was to assess functional outcome of patients with a Lisfranc fracture dislocation of the foot by applying validated patient- and physician-based scoring systems and to compare these outcome tools. Of 25 injuries sustained by 24 patients treated in our institution between January 1995 and June 2001, 16 were available for review with a mean follow-up period of 36 (10-74) months. Injuries were classified according to Myerson. Outcome instruments used were: (a) Medical Outcomes Study 36-Item Short Form Health Survey (SF-36), (b) Baltimore Painful Foot score (PFS) and (c) American Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Society (AOFAS) mid-foot scoring scale. Four patients had an excellent outcome on the PFS scale, seven were classified as good, three fair and two poor. There was a statistically significant correlation between the PFS and Role Physical (RP) element of the SF-36.
- Lisfranc midfoot dislocations: correlations between surgical treatment and functional outcomes.
- Authors: Bandac RC, Botez P
- Issue date: 2012 Jul-Sep
- Injuries of the tarsometatarsal joints: treatment and outcome.
- Authors: Malović M, Milošević M, Vlahović T, Nikolić T, Margetić P, Milošević M
- Issue date: 2011 Dec
- Ankle and foot osteomyelitis: treatment protocol and clinical results.
- Authors: Malizos KN, Gougoulias NE, Dailiana ZH, Varitimidis S, Bargiotas KA, Paridis D
- Issue date: 2010 Mar
- Comparison of different outcome instruments following foot and ankle trauma.
- Authors: Goldstein CL, Schemitsch E, Bhandari M, Mathew G, Petrisor BA
- Issue date: 2010 Dec
- Clinical outcome of fractures of the talar body.
- Authors: Ebraheim NA, Patil V, Owens C, Kandimalla Y
- Issue date: 2008 Dec