Divergent dislocation of the ring and little finger carpometacarpal joints--a rare injury pattern.
AffiliationCork University Hospital, Cork, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Fracture Fixation, Internal/instrumentation/*methods
Injury Severity Score
Range of Motion, Articular/physiology
Recovery of Function
MetadataShow full item record
CitationActa Orthop Belg. 2005 Jun;71(3):353-6.
JournalActa orthopaedica Belgica
AbstractHand injuries due to longitudinal forces in the line of the metacarpals demonstrate unusual dislocation patterns. We describe a case of volar intra-articular fracture dislocation of the ring finger carpometacarpal joint in association with a pure dorsal dislocation of the little finger carpometacarpal joint. Open reduction supplemented with Kirschner wire fixation restored normal carpometacarpal joint anatomical relations and achieved an excellent clinical result.
- Dorsal carpometarcarpal dislocation of ulnar fingers. A case report.
- Authors: Vandeweyer E, Botero L, Coessens BC
- Issue date: 2002 Aug
- Irreducible palmar dislocation of the proximal interphalangeal joint caused by a fracture fragment: a case report.
- Authors: Itadera E
- Issue date: 2003
- Fourth and fifth carpometacarpal fracture dislocations.
- Authors: Kural C, Başaran SH, Ercin E, Bayrak A, Bilgili MG, Baca E
- Issue date: 2014
- Simultaneous dorsal dislocation of the metacarpophalangeal and carpometacarpal joints of a finger.
- Authors: Sakuma M, Inoue G
- Issue date: 1998
- Trans-trapezium carpo-metacarpal dislocation of the thumb.
- Authors: Garavaglia G, Bianchi S, Santa DD, Fusetti C
- Issue date: 2004 Jan