Subdural haemorrhage following endoscopic third ventriculostomy. A rare complication.
AffiliationThe National Department of Neurosurgery, Beaumont Hospital, and Neurosurgery, Department, Cork University Hospital, Republic of Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Hematoma, Subdural, Intracranial/diagnosis/*etiology/surgery
MetadataShow full item record
CitationActa Neurochir (Wien). 2006 May;148(5):591-3.
AbstractSubdural collections or hematomas are frequently observed after shunt placement [7-9, 13], but rarely after ETV . A review of literature revealed 7 cases [1, 5, 6, 10, 12], of which only 1 was symptomatic . We will discuss the causes, management, and methods of prevention of this complication and we will present a case of symptomatic subdural haematoma, following endoscopic third ventriculostomy for illustration.
- Chronic subdural collection after endoscopic third ventriculostomy.
- Authors: Sgaramella E, Castelli G, Sotgiu S
- Issue date: 2004 May
- Chronic subdural hematoma as a complication of endoscopic third ventriculostomy.
- Authors: Kim BS, Jallo GI, Kothbauer K, Abbott IR
- Issue date: 2004 Jul
- Overdrainage after endoscopic third ventriculostomy: an unusual case of chronic subdural hematoma--case report and review of the literature.
- Authors: Sgaramella E, Sotgiu S, Crotti FM
- Issue date: 2003 Dec
- Chronic subdural hematoma after endoscopic third ventriculostomy: case report.
- Authors: Civelek E, Cansever T, Karasu A, Sabanci A, Sencer A, Kiriş T
- Issue date: 2007 Oct
- Subdural hematoma after endoscopic third ventriculostomy: Struggling against the Laplace law.
- Authors: Gondar R, Rogers A, Momjian S
- Issue date: 2015 Oct