AffiliationDepartment of Medicine, Cork University Hospital, National University of Ireland,, Wilton, Cork, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Reverse Transcriptase Polymerase Chain Reaction
Staining and Labeling
MetadataShow full item record
CitationClin Rheumatol. 2006 Nov;25(6):789-93. Epub 2006 Mar 30.
AbstractTo examine the expression of the apoptosis regulatory protein, Bcl-x(L), in the synovium of patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and osteoarthritis (OA). Immunohistochemistry for Bcl-x(L) was carried out on synovial samples from patients with RA and OA. Reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) and Western blot analysis were performed to qualitatively examine the expression of Bcl-x(L). Bcl-x(L) expression was detected in the lining, endothelium and inflammatory cells of both RA (n=20) and OA (n=10) samples. However, there was significantly more expression in the lining of RA synovium compared to OA (77 vs 61%, p<0.05). Many of the positive cells in the RA subsynovium were noted to be plasma cells. There was a significant correlation between Bcl-x(L) expression and the number of inflammatory cells in the subsynovium of RA and OA patients (r (s)=0.376, p<0.05, n=30). Age and disease duration did not correlate with Bcl-x(L) expression in rheumatoid patients. Bcl-x(L) may play a role in the extended survival of synoviocytes and inflammatory cells in rheumatoid synovium.
- Comparison of cathepsins K and S expression within the rheumatoid and osteoarthritic synovium.
- Authors: Hou WS, Li W, Keyszer G, Weber E, Levy R, Klein MJ, Gravallese EM, Goldring SR, Brömme D
- Issue date: 2002 Mar
- Expression of the precursor of secretoneurin, secretogranin II, in the synovium of patients with rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
- Authors: Sprott H, Pap T, Rethage J, Wintersberger W, Gay RE, Bradley LA, Uebelhart D, Gay S
- Issue date: 2000 Oct
- Kinesin-like protein CENP-E is upregulated in rheumatoid synovial fibroblasts.
- Authors: Kullmann F, Judex M, Ballhorn W, Jüsten HP, Wessinghage D, Welsh J, Yen TJ, Lang B, Hittle JC, McClelland M, Gay S, Schölmerich J, Müller-Ladner U
- Issue date: 1999
- Differential expression of the angiogenic Tie receptor family in arthritic and normal synovial tissue.
- Authors: Shahrara S, Volin MV, Connors MA, Haines GK, Koch AE
- Issue date: 2002
- [Characteristics of vascular morphology and vascular endothelial growth factor in patients with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis].
- Authors: Zhao MS, Xia RH, Wang YH, Ding LX, Guan L, Huang F
- Issue date: 2012 Dec 18