AffiliationDept of Urology, Cork University Hospital. firstname.lastname@example.org
Cutaneous Fistula/prevention & control
Urethral Diseases/prevention & control
Urethral Stricture/prevention & control
Urinary Fistula/prevention & control
Urologic Surgical Procedures, Male
MetadataShow full item record
CitationIr J Med Sci. 2006 Jan-Mar;175(1):37-9.
JournalIrish journal of medical science
AbstractBACKGROUND: This is a review of our experience with the Snodgrass technique for distal hypospadias repair and we point to lessons learned in improving results. METHODS: We reviewed all patients who underwent Snodgrass hypospadias repair for distal hypospadias over a four-year period by a single surgeon. Chart review followed by parental telephone interview was used to determine voiding function, cosmesis and complication rate. RESULTS: Thirty children and three adults were identified. Age at surgery ranged from seven months to 39 years. The urinary stream was straight in 94%, and 97% reported a good or satisfactory final cosmetic outcome. One patient (3.3%) developed a urethral fistula and 21% developed meatal stenosis which required general anaesthetic. CONCLUSION: The Snodgrass urethroplasty provides satisfactory cosmetic and functional results. High rates of meatal stenosis initially encountered have improved with modifications to technique which include modified meatoplasty and routine meatal dilatation by the parents.
- The modified Snodgrass hypospadias repair: reducing the risk of fistula and meatal stenosis.
- Authors: Jayanthi VR
- Issue date: 2003 Oct
- Clinical review of the 'Snodgrass' hypospadias repair.
- Authors: Holland AJ, Smith GH, Cass DT
- Issue date: 2000 Aug
- Dorsal dartos flap for preventing fistula in the Snodgrass hypospadias repair.
- Authors: Djordjevic ML, Perovic SV, Vukadinovic VM
- Issue date: 2005 Jun
- Medium to long term results following single stage Snodgrass hypospadias repair.
- Authors: Aslam R, Campbell K, Wharton S, Bracka A
- Issue date: 2013 Nov
- Modified Snodgrass tubularized incised plate urethroplasty prevents fistula formation in hypospadias.
- Authors: Yamataka A, Shimotakahara A, Koga H, Miyano G, Lane GJ, Cazares J, Halibieke A, Okawada M
- Issue date: 2012 Sep